Discussion: READ: Full Transcript Of Donald Trump's Immigration Speech In AZ

From what I gather from others, I think seeing him deliver the speech gives you a much better idea where Trump is coming from.

1 Like

The fundamental problem with the immigration system in our country is that it serves the needs of wealthy donors, political activists and powerful politicians.

Donald Trump is a wealthy donor who is active in politics and leads one of the two major political parties in the most powerful country in the world – and hired undocumented workers as a business owner.

And that is the biggest thing missing here – outside of an mild aside to E-Verify, Trump doesn’t talk about punishing employers who hire undocumented immigrants. The words hire, employer and company aren’t even mentioned in the speech (except to hire more federal immigration cops).

Trump will punish the immigrants, their children and their families for coming here to take jobs, but not the American business owners who essentially invite them here, give them the jobs and pay them knowing it is illegal.

3 Likes

" I am so glad to be back in Arizona, a state that has a very special place in my heart."

Of course he is referring to golf courses and very white country clubs.

In several years, when we have accomplished all of our enforcement goals – and truly ended illegal immigration for good, including the construction of a great wall, and the establishment of our new lawful immigration system – then and only then will we be in a position to consider the appropriate disposition of those who remain. That discussion can only take place in an atmosphere in which illegal immigration is a memory of the past[.]

So, the moment you’ve accomplished the physically impossible, you’ll get right to work on the politically unpalatable?

Damned if he isn’t finally listening to his consultants after all.

2 Likes

I feel really, really sorry for the stenographer/transcriber.

2 Likes

I tried. I got as far into the speech as Trump’s fifth instance of using a murder victim for racist political manipulation before giving up on the rest of his disgusting drivel. That would be at the 26th paragraph, if anyone’s counting.

1 Like

Disposition? That sounds ominously euphemistic. Is he planning to start building concentration camps and ovens once the Wall is built?

1 Like

Xenophobic horse crap. “We agreed on the importance of ending the illegal flow of drugs, cash, guns and people across our border, and to put the cartels out of business.” Peña Nieto reminded Trump that net cross border immigration is at a historic low and may even be in the negative column. Trump blithely ignores this because, hey, his red neck supporters neither know nor care.
Neither Peña nieto nor Trump have anything coherent to say on the issue of drugs, cash, guns, and cartels. We await someone to say something sensible on that issue.
That pendejo cannot get anywhere near the door to the White House.

1 Like

We agreed on the importance of ending the illegal flow of drugs, cash, guns and people across our border, and to put the cartels out of business.

Really sad that these problems could be reduced so much, if not completely eliminated, if the US would just decriminalize illegal drugs.

It sounds like “once he is elected” he will immediately put all those already here in some kind of holding pattern until the “problem is solved”- for years? Maybe in camps? This speech raises so many questions.

2 Likes