Discussion: Rand Paul Unloads On Cruz: 'He's Pretty Much Done For' In The Senate

Discussion for article #241192

Ted Cruz is the Internet troll of the Senate.

20 Likes

Like Alito, he’s a Freeper with power.

5 Likes

31 Likes

As the smartest person on Earth, Cruz is probably just playing the long game here for something we dumb folk will never understand.

13 Likes

Butt-hurt poodle-headed 'tween-mentality takes a mean-girl swipe at rival.

12 Likes

What did Paul say that was incorrect. Let’s face it Cruz has burned more bridges than any senator in recent memory. It shouldn’t be surprising he can’t get anything done. He is perhaps the worst Senator in Washington.

15 Likes

Rand Paul’s line only make sense if you think Cruz wants to get some specific legislation passed. If instead he’s just there to open Overton windows for the Koch brothers, it all makes perfect sense.

5 Likes

Only “perhaps” because there is so much competition. Maybe there should be categories:

Worst Overall
Stupidest Overall
Most Verbally Stupid
Most Hypocritical
Biggest Grifter
Vilest
Most Dangerous
Most Childish
Most Obnoxious

See? Lots of possibilities and no need to leave anyone out.

12 Likes

Ted Cruz doesn’t care about being an effective legislator. He’s doing exactly what he wants and, thanks to a majority of Texas voters, the government pays him to do it.

Granted, Rand Paul is probably not the optimal Senator to publicize these things, but it’s not exactly a secret and hasn’t been for at least two years.

3 Likes

just as hardcore

Rand Paul, deft voice of comity (now that he has spare time).

3 Likes

Cruz’ superPAC gets its big bucks from the Wilks brothers, not the Koch brothers.

1 Like

Cruz wins many of those categories, but while I once considered him the most dangerous but I changed my mind. Being dangerous in this context requires an ability to marshal other senators to your position. He is good at scoring debate points, but very bad at attracting support. Remember the US Senate is home to the 100 biggest egos in America.

3 Likes

Two loathsome Republican gasbag Bagger pussies fighting…mmmmmm! Pass the popcorn.

10 Likes

He’s right. He doesn’t call folks liars on the Senate floor. He does lie on the Senate floor though…often.

4 Likes

It is unfortunate Cruz is ignored in the Senate. I for one had hopes his quest to shut down the government would succeed. Between gerrymandering, Citizens United and an apathetic base Democrats can use all the help the GOP wants to provide.

6 Likes

I recall back in the 70’s that Bill Scott (R-VA) was voted the dumbest member of congress. He called a press conference to say that he wasn’t.

3 Likes

It must sting when a senator who’s done for in the presidential race tells you you’re done for in the Senate.

4 Likes

Nobody should give the tiniest shit about this interpersonal drama, which is unworthy of the eighth grade cafeteria. Suck it up, Buttercup! You begged for the extraordinary privilege of being there!

4 Likes

Cruz likes to hear himself talk. He likes the adulation of the crowds at his events, the TV appearances. The citizens of Texas will keep electing him, they like inane bombast leading to nothing productive. After another term or two he can throw in the towel if he hasn’t managed an image rehabilitation in Senate chambers. Then it’s on to the lucrative speaking circuit, book sales and the fawning attention of Fox News. Not a bad gig.

7 Likes