Discussion: Rand Paul Quotes Colbert Joke In Floor Speech Fuming About Drones (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #223014

Oh dude… that was SO a mistake. Prepare to be crucified either tonight or tomorrow.

At least he ATTRIBUTED it to somebody this time.

13 Likes

That party that tortured has a problems with drones. Umm… OK.

3 Likes

I don’t get it. Can’t we just let private citizens, state governments, or corporate security firms take control of drone strikes against American citizens that commit treasonous activities like stealing fifty-dollars from a liqour store? Just as long as the Feds aren’t involved, due process and drone strikes are totally just an issue of standing our ground,right?

1 Like

Later that day…

Oh, Aqua Buddha, why won’t anyone take me seriously?
(gurgle-gurgle-gurgle-gurgle-hold-exhale)
I just don’t understand–they loved my dad…
(gurgle-gurgle-gurgle-gurgle-hold-exhale)

"I’ve never argued against any technology being used when you have an imminent threat, an active crime going on. If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash, I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him…

If there’s a killer on the loose in a neighborhood, I’m not against drones being used to search them out, heat-seeking devices being used, I’m all for law enforcement."

Rand Paul, April 2013

7 Likes

There is a legitimate, and fairly strong legal/constitutional argument against the decision to kill Aulaqi, but the way Paul tells the story creates the impression Obama sits up in the Oval Office and thinks up ways to kill his political opponents on a whim like it’s no big deal.

4 Likes

Well, that’s how the Pauls would do it because, let’s face it, they are sociopaths. This is also why I can’t get outraged about what Paul wants me to . . . I know he’s trying to jerk my chain.

2 Likes

Randy is a danger to squirrels everywhere.

1 Like

I wonder why Senator Paul hasn’t proposed repealing the 2001 AUMF?

3 Likes

For the same reason that pretty much any conservative howling about the NSA and privacy right now hasn’t lifted a finger to reverse the Congressional auctions authorizing the executive branch to do those things, I guess. Posturing looks better than actually being responsible for things.

1 Like

All these guys have is fear and straw men…Anyway, in a few years news will be made when a drone quotes Rand Paul.

Randy states: “You’re voting for someone who has made this the historic precedent for how we will kill Americans overseas – in secret, by one branch of the administration, without representation, based upon an accusation.”

Just not true. The drone policy was inherited from the Bush administration. The precedent was set by Bush not Obama. The first drone strikes happened shortly after 9/11 with the first American citizens being killed in 2002 by the Bush administration.

So the precedent was set by Bush, you know the same guy Randy Paul voted for twice.

3 Likes

While Rand drones on, more and more folks want him on the drone list.

Hmm… Maybe he was busy certifying himself as an ophthalmologist, worshiping in the river of Agua Buddha, and just missed the whole AUMF thing.

1 Like

Boy, that pube-haired individual really knows how to tell a joke, doesn’t he? What a light-weight.

1 Like

Well, truth never mattered much to anyone in the GOP since Nixon. Remember when Ike was the personification of a Republican? Those were the days.

bong bong - The stopped clock is right again.

1 Like

Mr Paul, how egregious would the behavior of an American committing acts of war against his mother country would it take for you to oppose them? I’m curious Mr Paul. If a man, an American, posts videos encouraging people to attack America. If he works advising actual attempts to bomb airliners. If he actively declares war on his country, what would you do as Commander-in-chief? Do you let him get away with it? Just because he is an American? Does citizenship here allow a person to commit acts of war against America? I’m just asking, sir. Mr Awalaki was a member of al Qaida (AQAP), an outfit our government says is a terrorist group. He declared war on us. What more do you need?

1 Like