Discussion: Rand Paul On GOP Health Care Bill: 'I Don't Think They Have The Votes'

1 Like

I’m lovin’ it…

12 Likes

“I think if you had various assorted replacement plans, I think you might get everybody to a point where they’re at least happy with the process,” he said.

Apparently Mr. Paul has not noticed that the Republicans already have various assorted replacement plans. Heck, Ryan alone has proposed various assorted replacement plans. And so far the GOP has failed to even get its own members to a point where they’re happy with the process.

9 Likes

C’mon, be fair, the GOP has only had seven years or so to come up with a viable ACA alternative.

13 Likes

THis is the kind of BS you hear when they sneak stuff through.

9 Likes

The Democrats don’t have to put forward a proposal, dumbass; their proposal is already the law.

7 Likes

So “repeal” which became “repeal and replace” which became “repeal and replace with something better” has returned to “repeal” and everyone who was promised they weren’t going to lose their insurance are going to lose their insurance.

16 Likes

Essentially …

This shit isn’t BAD enough to pass a republican legislature –

9 Likes

TPM needs to clarify this report.
Was Rand Paul wearing his aluminum foil hat when giving this interview or not?

2 Likes

That pretty much sums it up.

2 Likes

Clearly, there is so much #winning right now in the GOP.

5 Likes

While it’s not impossible they will eventually pass a bill, it is looking increasingly likely it won’t be this bill. What is it the Trumpists say about their guy??? Oh, yeah. He gets things done…

2 Likes

And instead of nibbling around the edges, what we’re going to be arguing, or at least this conservative is going to be arguing, is that we need to have a separate repeal and replace

Um, so let me get this straight: you’ve had seven years to come up with an alternative and you’ve failed to come together on any of the proposals, despite this being high on your list of priorities the entire time. And we’re supposed to believe that, after you’ve repealed the ACA and you’ve deprived 20 to 30 million people of their insurance, somehow you’re going to magically be able to come up with a replacement even though you have no idea what that replacement will look like and even though the forces that are preventing agreement on such a replacement today will still be in place at that time? Have I got that right?

14 Likes

Every single GOP Congresscritter is coming up with their own narrowly tailored word salad for their district/state.

3 Likes

Ha!

15 Likes

Oh …and this too …

2 Likes

So, reading carefully, Rand Paul hasn’t actually said that if the current dog’s breakfast passes the house he’ll vote against it. Twit.

I wonder if it would be constitutional to have a blanket ban on anyone running for federal office while one of their parents was still in office.

1 Like

They don’t even have a stated goal.
Like, what is their ‘alternative’ designed to do?

1 Like

Even when they are in power they are still the party of no.

1 Like

Translation: “The Freedumb Caucus and I believe the current Bill doesn’t do nearly enough harm to nearly enough citizens.”

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available