Discussion: Rand Paul: I'll 'Look At' Possible Military Takeover In The Southwest

How does someone like Rand Paul look himself in the mirror after shamelessly pandering to the most bat-shit insane ravings of the “Ammo-Sexuals” in the outer fringes of the Koch Bros. Party?
He just keeps repeating to himself: “President Paul” over and over again…

Did any of you read the article and not just the dumbass TPM headline? He didn’t know how to explain what the operation was. He said he’d look into it.

I’m a hardcore Obama supporter, but come on, save the bullets for people like Abbott who actually push something like this. If anything, it looked like Paul sidestepped it without giving it any credence whatsoever.

TX Goobernor Greg Abbott is on the case too. He’s ginning up the base for the latest paranoia and victimhood. And these people worship the military. How do they think Special Forces get trained?

1 Like

I graduated from Orange Glen High School in Escondido, in 1969 and did 3 degrees at USD, that little college with the blue dome in San Diego. My entire family lives in CA, but I am the black sheep and moved to Vermont in May 2001. Now that I have a grand daughter in Oceanside, I think we need to return. She is so much fun and I’m missing out. I also remember when there was no Interstate 15. It was an adventure to get to San Diego where the real shopping took place. And driving up to LA on “slaughter alley” was also a thrill. Oh, good times!

1 Like

1DaveN, What about the summer convoys on the Thruway and RT 81… I always looked at them as a minor inconvenience…not an invasion… I always had positive feelings when I saw them

Well, the southwest is a good training ground if you’re planning an invasion of Iraq, and Iran…

There are 12 regional Federal Reserve banks. All are privately owned.
P.S. We are off-topic.

Those convoys are pretty courteous, in my experience. Unlike much of the slow moving traffic, at least they stay in the right lane. I never thought much about it until I found out about the impending martial law in TX, but overall, I’d have to say that here in NY, the military have been great neighbors.

1 Like

Well, I guess the cat’s out the bag as soon as RP finds Fort Hood and those other secret military bases.

Wait…you’re the one that goes on and on on and on about how you’re a “life-long Democrat” and real true blue progressive yet you are accusing us of being tribal?
What in the world do you consider “doing what’s right”? Believing the military training bases are some elaborate coup to take over TEXAS? Are you serious? And Rand is some sort of great alternative because he is actually entertaining this bullshit and not swatting this nonsense down as he should? THAT’S who you look to as wanting to lead you?

Did you used to post here under a different name? You really remind me of a past poster named “lamouth”. Are you him/her? If not, you have a TPM twin out there…

----to anyone here that buy’s this guy’s schtick: I know a Nigerian Prince that currently does not have access to his zillions in fortunes. He just needs you to front him $5,000 in administrative costs and in return he will give you $10,000 cool US dollars. Please contact me.

1 Like

OMG THEY’RE TAKING OVER THE BEACHES!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

What’s next; FEMA camps?

Come on in and take it, guys. When you do, please set up a state exchange for Obamacare and remove all our voter suppression laws, too.
You can vacation in Austin and on the Gulf Coast.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Please. Starting tomorrow, ask Rand Paul every day if he has looked into it, and if he found anything. If so, what did he find? We have to know!

4 Likes

Because after it’s been used for artillery practice it doesn’t really look any different?

Why yes, Rand, by all means look into this for us. Take your time.

Your meds: Check 'em. Immediately.

1 Like

Get with the program. It is to seize the guns of Real Americans so they can be handed over to Obama’s Negro Army. And then…

And then…

Benghazi!!1!!1

1 Like

You forget the large segment of (lily-white) folks in Texas who think the state has a right to secede granted to it in the official deal when it had the US save it from annexation by Mexico.

1 Like

So true. There is a large chunk of people in Texas who believe they can secede by the stroke of a pen. Truthfully, I wish they’d try.

1 Like

Agreed. Why not merely tell this juiced-out wackos to go home and find something useful to do?

And, BTW – the press (MSM) isn’t doing the Nation any favors by giving air/print time to these dudes. Sure. We expect it from WND et al. I’d expect it to stop right there.

1 Like

I’m an inlander that stayed at Encinitas, Carlsbad and other state beaches camping and working to get away from the heat of San Bernardino. It used to be a few bucks a day and now its over $30 I think, haven’t been in 10 years or so.

Surfing and fishing was my big attraction, plus all that comes with the beach and ocean.

Did you ever get avocados in Rainbow by the sacks full. Man we ate a lot of guacamole back then : )

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available