Discussion: Rand Paul Gets Testy With NBC Anchor: 'You've Editorialized' (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #235123

Thin skinned butthead. This guy is going to be lunch meat once the GOP “debates” ratchet up.

34 Likes

Asshat! R. Paul has a bad habit of doing this, to women in particular.

34 Likes

Well if this is how he’s going to handle questions from a Today Show anchor, then his candidacy is in big trouble if some real journalists (wherever they are) start questioning him on his many positions over the years

30 Likes

The true definition of ‘mansplaining’.

18 Likes

This seems to be his MO, talking down to women who ask what he deems impertinent questions or running away from them, in the case of Maddow’s persistence (and then there was the running away from the Dreamers). He’s going to have to learn he has to answer questions that aren’t always the ones he wants asked. And if he doesn’t learn that? Buh bye.

28 Likes

Yeah, it begins with “Listen to me” and ends with “Didn’t you hear me?” Been there, heard that.

12 Likes

Being an asshole works well for Republican candidates. It won’t win him votes amongst Liberals or moderates… not like he has a snowball’s chance anyway.

13 Likes

Getting upset with a host of the Today Show, a fluff piece NBC airs in the mornings for people to watch a fucking puppy and what the latest celebrity is or is not wearing, is pretty fucking petty. If Rand can’t handle a slow pitch interview with the Today show, he’s going to have a bad time handling the press during his “campaign”.

10 Likes

Something tells me that he’s going to be avoiding being interviewed by John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Larry Wilmore or Trevor Noah because they could actually ask him real questions and he’ll look like a bigger idiot than he is.

He really didn’t want to answer that question, and no, asking “Do you still think Iran is a threat” is NOT editorializing. That word really does not mean what he thinks it means.

10 Likes

Presidential!

Don’t worry, Rand. If you don’t like the kinds of questions and standards that our collectivist media asks of Presidential candidates, you can always just create your own alternative media and vet yourself. Alternately, you can create your own electoral college and just self-certify yourself President of Galt’s Gulch. Shouldn’t everyone have the liberty to be President without having to first engage with society at large?

24 Likes

Rat-hair comes off as a narcissistic bully.

The anchor had viable questions that should be answered.

But, what does the little bully do? Makes it about her questioning him (how dare her), instead of his answers!

Another gop/bag not ready for prime time!

16 Likes

You know, I would actually tune in to FOX Entertainment to watch that.

1 Like

Randsplaining

13 Likes

Guthrie: “Do you still think Iran is not a threat as you said in 2007?”

Paul: " -sniff- Mmmm…yeah. 2007 was a long time ago and events do change over long periods of time. So we’re talking about eight years ago, we’re talking about a time when I wasn’t running for office…"

First, Rachel Maddow, now Savannah Guthrie. Expect the campaign to insist that the only representative of NBC News he’ll talk with from here on out is Chuck Todd.

5 Likes

Ooooh, you have a new meme!

3 Likes

Rand Paul has proven himself over the years to be a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, entitled brat. My guess is that he is still smarting from that Rachel Maddow interview several years back.

11 Likes

Wow. This is going to be the most spectacular candidate flameout EVAH! Pass the popcorn!

5 Likes

Hillary couldn’t ask for a better opponent than this easily provoked dimwit. Wishful thinking, though.

9 Likes

Got to love Rachel!

5 Likes