Discussion: Putin Says US Will Have To Cut 755 Members Of Diplomatic Staff In Russia

1 Like

So much winning.

9 Likes

Босс не доволен.

1 Like

Psst, Donald. Daddy is unhappy with you…

6 Likes

“The boss is not happy.” Got it. You could, in the future, consider translating for us. :laughing:

5 Likes

Putin Says US Will Have To Cut 755 Members Of Diplomatic Staff In Russia and that the Trump Moscow Hotel plans have been placed permanently on-hold.

3 Likes

Now Tillerson can staff up the State Department on DC.

3 Likes

I suppose that cuts down on the number of spies we have over there but I’m sure once we get a government again and not a proxy government from Moscow, we can figure that out.

5 Likes

I wish they would PULL THEM ALL!

We need 100K Troops in Ukraine and 50K in Georgia. That sniveler Putin’s Bitch won’t put any of course.

Just for R&R of course … for the foreseeable future … completely decked out with tanks, etc. Not a REAL vacation without fighter jets and all.

So you’re ready to start WWIII ?

3 Likes

I’ve considered that but that would sort of take all the fun out of it. Don’t you agree?

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Tillerson is describing the sanctions bill Congress passed as a way to have closer relations with Russia. Once again, its opposite day in Trumpworld.

Oh, and this:

6 Likes

This is a language you may need to start learning.

2 Likes

We don’t really need a diplomatic corps in Russia, when there is already a secure “back channel” (I think that’s what they are calling it) between the Oval Office and the Kremlin.

8 Likes

Not necessarily. Vlad the Inserter is merely calling for a reduction in numbers. If he wanted to cut down on the number of spies he would name them and declare them persona non grata; he/they know who they are.

OTOH, because we’re blessed with the most clueless and incompetent State Department in history, Rexxon will probably see that all of our most productive intelligence assets are jettisoned first, thereby saving Vlad the paperwork.

BTW: I’ve been lobbying MSNBC to give former Naval Intelligence Officer and all-around cool dude Malcolm Nance his own show. My breathtakingly brilliant idea is to give him the Friday night spot of (the #1-rated cable news show) The Rachel Maddow Show; she’s been trying to reduce her workweek to four days for awhile now. I think it would be awesome to have someone with firsthand knowledge do a weekly wrap-up/analysis of military/intelligence issues and developments. Being a self-recognized television programming genius [polishes fingernails on lapel] I’m sure it’d be a ratings goldmine. Don’t you agree?

9 Likes

That is a good idea. i do agree. I like it a lot.

4 Likes

Lost in the number: many of those being fired are Russian. We don’t have 755 American diplomats in Russia.

6 Likes

The guy in charge is Noah Oppenheim.
I’m still searching for an email address for him.
His twitter handle is @noahoppenheim.

I hope everyone might consider helping in this noble effort.

4 Likes

“Russian President Vladimir Putin says the United States will have to cut its diplomatic staff in Russia by 755 under new sanctions from Moscow.”

So it’s not the number of “diplomats.” He just wants to hobble operations.

4 Likes

The diplomatic corps has all kinds of employees besides ambassadors - there is secretarial help, and that is brought from America, there are aides and assistants and security - that’s all American. We don’t employ Russians where they can spy on us that easily.

4 Likes