Discussion: Puerto Rico Acknowledges More Than 1,400 People Killed By Hurricane Maria

1 Like

No snark. Just fucked up.

10 Likes

This whole Puerto Rico fiasco just makes my blood boil.

16 Likes

Trump: “Here … have some more paper towels. This isn’t my problem.”

10 Likes

Racist shitbag wanted everyone to know:

TRUMP: We’ve saved a lot of lives. If you look at the — every death is a horror. But if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous — hundred and hundred and hundreds of people that died. And you look at what happened here with really a storm that was totally overpowering. Nobody’s ever seen anything like this. And what is your death count at this point, 17?

PUERTO RICO GOV. RICARDO ROSSELLĂ“: Sixteen, certified.

TRUMP: Sixteen people, certified — 16 people versus in the thousands. You can be very proud of all of your people, all of our people working together. Sixteen versus literally thousands of people.

6 Likes

Not to be insensitive but the post mortem report is essential to try and figure out how everything that could go wrong all went wrong before, during, and after Maria.
I piece of reporting was that half the emergency stockpile was shipped to USV the week before. And even if that hadn’t happened then they still wouldn’t have had enough supplies on hand to deal with the total collapse that did happen. In this same reporting FEMA apparently lost track of this important piece of information.

4 Likes

Of course it was more than 64.

You don’t get run over by a category god-awful hurricane, and walk away with just a few scraped knees.

3 Likes

As we say in colloquial Puerto Rican, “Well, Duh…”

6 Likes

This should be the headline in every major newspaper and all the TV channels, esp. those in hurricane prone regions of the country.
This is your GOP run government at work, looking out for the welfare of its citizenry. s/

9 Likes

Remember a Hurricane in 2005? What was it’s name? It’s on the tip of my tongue. It killed roughly the same amount of American citizens. It generated a massive influx of money and aid and years spent in the recovery. Something was different about it though…something I can quite put my finger on. Whatever could it be?

9 Likes

Hey, it’s not like they’re US citizens, right?

Oh wait…

11 Likes

Check with W and Heck’o a job Brownie I’m sure they can tell you!

1 Like

Release was forced because of a soon to be published academic article.

My conclusion, these SOBs knew this, most likely in real time. They are a piece of work.

3 Likes

I am sure that Kirstjen Nielsen, the current Preshitident Skanky-Manslut and First Lady Iwanka Trump’s Children’s Concentration Camp Czar, can now boast to her white christian conservative friends that she has overseen the deaths of thousands of Americans in Hurricane Katrina (1833 dead) and Hurricane Maria (death toll 1427 to 5000 dead).

1 Like

Don’t forget the kidnapped immigrant child that died just after being reunited with her parent.

1 Like

It was a rounding error.

2 Likes