Discussion: Publisher Pulls Milo Yiannopoulos Book Over Pedophilia Comments

Poor thing broke a nail knitting last night.

5 Likes

Not to long ago, WaPo ran a long story on child marriage and the varying laws in the US and the fact that some states don’t have a minimum to marry tho age of consent might be set.

3 Likes

I disagree. The right didn’t believe the women who came forward with stories of PPs serial sexual abuse. It’s not that they simply disregarded those claims, they flat out didn’t believe it. They believed they’d been paid, that they were Hollywood actresses trying to make a buck. Even the Access Hollywood video could be dismissed as locker room talk, as little more than two men trying to impress each other with BS tales of their sexual conquests. I know several actually somewhat decent dudes who dismissed it as just two guys bullshitting each other. But this is different. It just is. Listening to someone brag about sex is one thing. Watching them do it is quite another. And if there’s pissing involved, that just takes it to a whole new level.

Plus, he’s president now. Few people want to see their president’s O face. And if his penis is as tiny as I think it is, that’s gonna leave a mark. But more than that, it’s about how he reacts. His rage and embarrassment will drive the story as much as the actual tape itself.

4 Likes

He also said

ā€œBut you know what? I’m grateful for Father Michael. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him,ā€ Yiannopoulos replied

1 Like

Wow! Do those rules apply about gay marriage? Better not tell Milo.

1 Like

No doubt that some of our rules about sexual behavior are arbitrary. But a law forbidding sexual contact between an adult and a 13 year old? Who is going to criticize that except someone with a desire to dip into the kiddie pool?

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.

I guess Milo is learning an important First Amendment lesson. Just like when he was harassing Leslie Jones on Twitter, his own behavior is once again costing him. It isn’t the government punishing him for his words, it’s Twitter, CPAC and Simon and Schuster. Protected speech doesn’t mean you have won’t be held accountable- private groups and people can react to your words and Milo’s Man/Boy bs is not acceptable.

I actually disagree. There were people defending Dennis Hastert to the bitter end. So it’s possible not even that is too far in today’s fucked up world.

Your point about the publisher essentially tabling the release is very interesting. Look at how Donald Trump, the President of the United States, got away with his disgusting pussy grabbing video. That video was so powerful because there was no disputing it, there was no taking it out of context, there was no way to say ā€œoh, that’s fake news.ā€ He dropped about 10 points over a week. Yet, a few days later, the right retreated back to their propaganda bubbles and got right back on the Trump Train.

That whole situation you could write a book about. Each chapter could be filled with the various politicians who 1) came out against Trump after the video; 2) realized doing so was actually hurting them politically with their base; and 3) gave Trump their support again (Paul Ryan and Jason Chaffetz are perhaps the most embarassing examples). Not only that, but the most extreme factions on the religious right immediately made excuses for his conduct like (he’s older now…yeah. A 59 year old really matures into a better 70 year old).

So it is very possible he does get all his support back. But one thing you need to remember is that many on the Alt-Right absolutely HATE this guy (I mean, he’s flamboyantly gay). Also, Milo derives most of his power from events that Leftists (I refuse to call them liberals) like to protest. This of course is exactly what he and the people that host him want. Do you really think that College Republicans agree with him or like him? Not THAT much. They invite him to rile up college leftists and show how fascist and illiberal some on the left really are.

So we’ll see.

Promoting pedophilia is perfectly okay to them just so long as you are not publicly exposed.

It’s not like they did extreme vetting on this speaker.

1 Like

Well, remember, Milo is just a ā€œProfessional Assholeā€ so there is that.
Simon & Schuster just want to make money, if there is a market, they will service it.

1 Like

Exactly how I feel about this piece of trash. Just like an unclever omnipresent troll, it thrives on attention. Best to ignore.

Milo is not gay. He is a psychopathological straight man acting like what he thinks gay men act like. He has never had sex with a man. He is only interested in pretending to be gay so he can make outrageous defamatory statements in the guise of being gay so as to demean real gay people. He intends to be seen as perverted and disgusting and by doing so, disgrace all of gay society in the minds or straight America.

As for his being a victim, I don’t believe it for a second. I think he is a pederast who is indulging his own perverted fantasy. This man is pure psycho.

1 Like

Adult child relationships are so easily covers for abuse of an unwitting child that I strongly support laws barring them. The self delusion of the predators involved and the damage to lives is recounted in the movie Spotlifght detailing the situation in Boston. No thirteen year old child, sexually mature or not, gay or straight, is going to have the emotional and intellectual wherewithal to deal with the impact of this type of relationship.

The counter argument is made in the movie Doubt where a priest appears to be almost courting a troubled child. A nun attempts to warn the mother who asks the nun to back off because the root of the child’s problem is that his family judges him to be gay and the priest has been the only source of comfort for the boy.

Even so the balance comes down on the side of barring sexual contact.

I’m not disagreeing. All I’m saying is that adults who want to skirt that line—wherever the law draws it—usually have problems.

1 Like

Keep in mind that this is actually Threshold Editions, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. It was basically founded to ride the conservative grifting gravy train and they are willing to publish just about anything, including books by Glenn Beck, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh, and Donald Trump.

Overall, the imprint is doing better than S&S as a whole, so expect them to continue to publish absolutely rubbish.

Milo hit the trifecta!

  1. I’m the victim here: ā€œMy experiences as a victim. . (I) deal with things from (my) past in different ways.ā€

  2. It was just a joke: ā€œMy . . . sarcasm . … and gallows humor might have come across as . . . a lack of care for other victims or worse.ā€ (Ya think?)

  3. I’m the hero here/There’s no one more anti-pedophilia than me: ā€œI have devoted large parts of my career as a journalist exposing child abusers.ā€ (Any evidence of that?)

1 Like

I wish I could find a Fox News clip I saw yesterday, I think it was on Media Matters but I can’t find it now. They had two elderly commentators discussing Yanni getting kicked off the CPAC list. One of the pundits kept gushing about ā€œMilo is my friend, I like him a lot!ā€ then he launched into a defense of his remarks on pedophilia. The senior pundit suddenly stopped him and with a big scowl on his face, said, ā€œI don’t think it serves any purpose to get into the details.ā€ Then Pundit 2 gave every single detail, in more detail than the original disgusting remarks. Senior Pundit 1 just sat there with a look of shock on his face, occasionally trying to shut down Pundit 2, but he just kept going on and on about how much he liked Milo and that they were friends. LOL

Trump actually said that about his daughter? Seriously? Wow, the man is the lowest form of life there is.

2 Likes