Discussion: Pruitt Is ‘Headhunter For His Spouse,’ Routinely Asked Aides To Get Wife A Job

1 Like

If no-show nepotism is good enough for Donald, it’s good enough for Scott…

4 Likes

Did she have to show up to pick up her paycheck or was it simply direct deposited into her account?

7 Likes

Reaching Trump-levels of corruption is a difficult job, but someone has to do it.
Waiting for the treasonous list to start adding up as well.

5 Likes

Hot political take: Scott Pruitt is actually graftier and more corrupt than one Donald J. Trump.

Yeah, I said it.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thats a very high bar…

2 Likes

This man seems to have a resting smirk face. But that’s a plus in Trump’s cabinet, I suppose.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-energy-202/2018/06/13/the-energy-202-he-s-the-head-of-the-epa-not-the-sultan-of-brunei-conservative-group-runs-ad-calling-for-pruitt-to-go/5b1ffc8a30fb04775d8813ce/?utm_term=.6482dfc979ee

4 Likes

what does her resume say, wife? Is she not qualified for anything? Finding a job can be hard if you are not connected, but is this person married to an elite level government employee so wholly unqualified that they even have to ask?

1 Like

The Dotard would do this if Mel cooperated more.

1 Like

This guy seems to be obsessed with his wife getting a job. Something to keep her occupied. I’m sure she doesn’t want or need a job, she didn’t even complete the application for the chicken franchise. Someone should ask him the question; why do you want your wife out of the way? Pruitt is reptilian in nature, nothing would surprise me.

2 Likes

FIRST off, if I was his wife I’d slap him upside the head…find me a job indeed. Secondly, WTF is wrong with this wannabe grifter? He isn’t even any GOOD at it.

7 Likes

JFC, is there no one else who can destroy the EPA?

Or, does Trump keep Pruitt around to distract from the extent of his and his familia’s own grifting?

1 Like

He’s used to grifting in Oklahoma, where it’s easier and less high-profile.

6 Likes

This pisses me off in a very personal way. When I was a teenager, my father went from being an academic to a job in DC that had conflict of interest rules. Which meant that my mother, who had been his collaborator for 20-plus years (doing the underlying statistical work, co-authoring papers etc) had to go back to school in a whole new field and work her way up the ladder from zero. Because that was how honest republicans handled that kind of situation. (Yes, also sexism, because she should have had an academic job of her own, but nevertheless.)

10 Likes

If Pruitt’s wife lacked the initiative and/or capacity to locate the online “Franchise Expression of Interest” form herself, she probably wouldn’t have been accepted by Chik-fil-A.

2 Likes

Apparently this is such a nettlesome conundrum for the Pruitts it might require a Grand Wizard to fix the problem.

1 Like

He’s the opposite of a headhunter. Headhunters try to get qualified people to fill jobs. PImps try to sell applicants to headhunters.

3 Likes

I think it has something to do with how firmly Pruitt’s lips are attached to Trump’s ass.