Honestly, at this point, I’m not even sure that there’s a rationale as coherent as “enrich themselves and their puppet masters” at work. At this point, they just seem to have surrendered to the inexorable power of the Durp Singularity, acting for no reason discernible to a rational, sane human being.
Yeah. That moment I felt moved by the news of his impending death a few days ago is now officially a thing I regret as a waste of emotional energy.
Apparently they were making photogs delete photos. Capitol police and rep staffers.
Wait. What?
Probably a melange of those two factors and various other sickening motivators, including Obama Derangement Syndrome and everything that goes with it.
Of the protesters. I’ll post a link to tweet shortly.
Oh I forgot to mention . I will find out where he is buried and piss on his grave
Omg
hahahahahahahahahahaha that’s hilarious.
Ya know, I could think of Republicans as 3-dimensional people a lot easier if their politicians stopped acting so 1-dimensional.
That’s what it is. They are more afraid of crossing the oligarchs and their PACs and “thinktanks” than they are about screwing their constituents, and besides, they’ll get personally taken care of in the end.
Those were the voices of the American people.
“We’ve watched the consequences of the status quo.”
Yes, Yertle, we have.
May not be able to help that, it’s instinct. Species survival, whether you Believe or not.
It is not just that, it is also that many of their constituents are happy to be screwed so long as they can take those they hate, liberals, minorities, etc, along with them.
I really don’t think the oligarchs involved in a certain sixth of GDP are going to be very happy about the spiral of chaos that begins starting this fall and only gets worse next year.
The most conspicuous thing about today is how completely it exposes the lack of any comprehensible policy or ideological reason, or even any discernible political rationale. It’s like the difference between the Vandals and the Huns at this point. The Vandals had discernible motives but the Huns were just there to fuck shit up for the sake of fucking it up.
Right now, they’re drunk on the lowering of environmental regs, the hollowing of government, the exit from the climate accord, etc. They’ll be positively over the moon with the tax cuts that stem from the GOP health plan (TBD) and the other “tax reform” that they are working on. The honchos might be fools in that they are ignoring the damage that all this is doing to the country, but it seems to me that they don’t care much about being consistent as long as it’s making them some serious money and at the same time fucking up government, which is the only check that they have.
McCain is completely over-rated. Maverick my ass. I hope this vote is what he will be remembered for.
Hey, that’s been my mantra too.
Murkowski too? At least she and Collins stuck by their guns.