Discussion: Pompeo Says Kim Jong Un ‘Shares The Objectives Of The American People'

1 Like

So many facets to consider. Start with two. How can we renege on one nuclear deal and think someone else with nukes will trust us enough to give them up? And, regime change is always on the table when the U.S. is involved, even among friends; look at Trump’s messing in the elections of other allies. Iran has the resources to build its country and could have changed its general behavior after JCPOA, but chose not to; it wants to steer its own course. As will North Korea. Ideology and self-interest in nations are not easily muted. Having nuclear weapons is the only wall against the U.S. attempting to impose its will. Watch the Middle East arm next. This monster is out of the bag, thanks to the ignorance, foolishness, and insatiable need for temporary adulation in the man we now call our President. What a disaster he is.

20 Likes

Please list those shared objectives. I have no fucking idea what they could possibly be.

44 Likes

My head’s spinning. Kim went from a monster who starves his own people, kills his relatives, and who tortured Otto Warmbier to a guy who shares American objectives . . . in a heartbeat. I guess there’s nothing like domestic scandal piled on domestic scandal to move the administration from insults to praise in the hopes of creating a distraction from problems at home.

35 Likes

I can’t decide if Trump and Pompeo are just getting gloriously played (at our expense) or whether they are staging this charade to boost Trump’s image. No one with any basic knowledge or insight believes North Korea is just going to hand over its weapons’ potential and live happily ever after in harmony with other countries.

21 Likes

he certainly shares the objectives of the american people as much as POTUS does.

14 Likes

What parts? Torture? Starving his population? Lining his own pockets? Suspending rule of law and elections? Denying due process? Torturing his own citizens as well as foreigners?

Sounds like just DJT’s kind of guy.

27 Likes

what are you talking about? iran fullfilled its obligations under JCPOA, and when prez harangutan pulled out, Iran went looking for ways the rest of the world could keep them in the deal without us. i’d like to know what KSA would have to do in order to even get a stern letter, cause supporting al qaeda and IS sure didn’t do it, but hey, hezbollah attacked a US military base 35 years ago, so iran is gonna kill us all!

11 Likes

Both want to get rid of Trump?

18 Likes

Secretary Pompeo, I, for one, as an American like free elections. I like freedom of speech. I like “innocent until proven guilty.” I like habeus corpus. I like America’s representative democracy. My objective, as an American, is to preserve these foundations of our nation, and to encourage their adoption by other countries. These are also Kim Jung Un’s objectives for North Korea?

No?

OK then. STFU!!!

20 Likes

And the ultimate deplorables (aka the GOP congress) nod their heads vigorously in agreement…

5 Likes

The last US nuclear test was about 25 years ago – at some point testing is unnecessary.

9 Likes

Undeserved flattery many times results in being snookered.

3 Likes

The stupid is strong in this one, as it is in the Donald.

Kim Jung Un is playing them both like a violin.

14 Likes

don’t forget the casual murdering of relatives…

14 Likes

Pompeo was then caught on a hot mike saying that Hitler was really misunderstood, and really shared GOP values.

8 Likes

When I said earlier this week that I think Chairman Kim shares the objectives of the American people, I am convinced of that,” Pompeo told “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace. “Now the task is for President Trump and he to meet to validate the process by which this would go forward, to set out those markers so that we can negotiate this outcome.”

https://forums.talkingpointsmemo.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/5/15ad3e3254cf29d3d113675543b44b8301c59c02.gif

okies, back to the Celtics.

5 Likes

I’m sure Sec Pompous must have referring to a peaceful nuclear-free Korea… (one can only hope)
but even Trump supporters on Fox were scratching their heads and saying out loud, “WTF?”

3 Likes

It would seem the logical inference to make, I agree.

I just can’t impute that kind of reasonable response to the person who made the assertion. hahahahaha

3 Likes

And just what would those objectives be? A world series win for the Miami Marlins? True love for Juan Pablo? Development of a new pharmaceutical that won’t make us feel too bad/too good/face break out/relieves painful rectal itch/lasts exactly four hours?

6 Likes