Discussion: Polls Close In Georgia's Special Congressional Election

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve been looking at that poll by the AJC( I think).

I think the weather will turn out less 65+ yo voters, which is Handels wheelhouse. I don’t think they are as fired up to vote for Handel as 40-65 yo voters are to vote Ossoff.

I thought Handel would win, but numbers plus weather tells me it’s going Ossoff’s way tonight.

10 Likes

I hope you are right.

Add in Spicey stating today during his propaganda recitation: “People shouldn’t read too much into this election.”

That tells me Spicey has inside info and it doesn’t look good for the Republicans tonight.

6 Likes

If you live in the South East a torrential downpour is just a down pour. They’re all torrential. I don’t think it will have any differential effect.

I read the outcome of this election as a referendum on the planetary status of Pluto.

14 Likes

No forecast, don’t we usually get some early election results?

ETA: I’ll answer my own question.
Osoff is looking good in the counties where he has a substantial lead and Handel is underperforming in all of the counties she trails in.

If the trends continue then Osoff is most definitely trending towards the skew.

Does that help?

4 Likes

You just drive faster to get home quicker.

3 Likes

I was reading on Daily Kos not to be alarmed if election day voters break for Handle. Ossoff’s strength, they saîd was with mail in voters and these are counted later on in the evening.

It’s what I read.

1 Like

So Osoff surges later this evening for the win, right.

I can live with that.

2 Likes

Heard that in the MT race as well. Same thing for most races (Dem early-voting looks better) yet we often get swamped by the end.

2 Likes

I really would like to see him win. He’s a fantastic candidate. Handel is just a hack and she has a horrible track record.

7 Likes

Are they not reporting yet because some polling places stayed open later (so it has been reported0 due to problems with voting equipment earlier?

No. Just means he might do relatively better towards the end of the evening. This is a long-term GA Red District. The narrative that the Media is blabbing around about ‘must win for the Dems’ and long term consequences is just horse race stupidity, hence my comment about Pluto. Personally, I think he’ll lose tonight, but I’m not reading anything into it coz it’s a deep red GA district.

6 Likes

Someone needs to check the internet bot traffic coming from Eastern Europe.

4 Likes

All over this.

3 Likes

So far he seems to be holding his own but I know what you mean.

Look at Montana, the candidate body-slammed a reporter and still won although the Dem was looking good.

Some day the fever has to break, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Problem in Montana was that 80+% of the ballots had been cast in early voting - before the douche body slammed the reporter.

6 Likes

Touche

1 Like