Discussion: Poll: Ted Cruz's GOP Support Jumps By Double Digits

Discussion for article #234919

I’m sure he has the batshit crazy vote all locked up.

5 Likes

Of course it did. The same thing happened to Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann and even Sarah Palin.

How did all of them do in the White House?

8 Likes

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/11053297_10152803130106872_2798050767001305024_n.png?oh=634a8bc109c3bc8cf4aee643240c793e&oe=55A4A619

13 Likes

It “jumped”? And in only “two weeks”? Wow, if we still communicated by telegraph that would be amazing!

3 Likes

Before HRC has even formally announced her candidacy, she has 80% of the Democratic vote.

7 Likes

<— When you realize that the clown car and the crazy train are one in the same.

2 Likes

I know it’s far too early and at this point these numbers are meaningless. But it still makes me laugh a bit at the idea that there are currently a majority of Republicans that actually think this giant turd could ever get elected as POTUS.

3 Likes

Let’s rephrase the question and see if his poll numbers among likely GOP voters hold up when they’re asked how they feel about electing Rafael Cruz, rather than “Ted.”

I’m guessing they’d dip…just a bit.

4 Likes

I say “good for us.” Walker is the one I worry about because he appears slightly less crazy - so let Walker’s support shift to Cruz.

1 Like

considering cruz is the only one who’s actually officially announced his candidacy and thus gotten massive media coverage, this seems like a totally meaningless move in the polls. even more so than any other mostly meaningless poll this far ahead of actual primary voting.

2 Likes

Except for those weird eyes…

2 Likes

Good! Now let the skunk fights begin!!

Can you imagine having an eyeball-to-eyeball conversation with Walker?? Of course I can’t imagine having a face-to-face conversation with Cruz either as I would have to look at that smug, condescending smile which he always bears.

2 Likes

And follow the question up with a clarifying “You know, the one who was born to a Cuban in Canada?”

Just slip some permanent black ink in his coffee when he isn’t watching.

This how it went last election cycle. The last person to announce got a two-week bump until he got a chance to speak in front of a microphone then they all fell back down below Mittens.

Remember “9-9-9” from Herman Cain, the Pizza King?

2 Likes

And when Scott Walker officially announces he will draw points from Cruz. We are still in the ‘Holy crap he actually is running for president!’ stage when the polls are meaningless. Hard to get too excited about these numbers.

1 Like

Don’t forget the Hermanator! He had a couple of weeks in the sun … before he started smelling REAL bad.

Congrats to Rinse Pubis on ensuring this RNC presidential nomination cycle is so different than the last one. Good start, Rinse! Forget that Crazy Clowns Car Race of 2012, you’re getting the Crazy Clowns Caravan Race of 2015.

Leading GOP Candidates’ Support Falls Rapidly as More Loons Tumble Down the Crazy Hole

Fixed your headline for ya.

2 Likes