Discussion: Poll: Sanders Maintains Slight Edge In Iowa

Discussion for article #245341

DMR disagrees.

6 Likes

On the other hand…

Selzer final poll of Iowa puts it at 45 Clinton, 42 Sanders…considered the most accurate Iowa poll at fivethirtyeight. So maybe its a grab bag.

4 Likes

What is DMR?

Des Moines Register.

1 Like

These polls are driving me crazy. I hope they are wrong & throw everyone into a tizzy. Then again, by Republicans using them, they are admitting that they believe in some science. So maybe there’s a silver lining. :wink:

2 Likes

Well this is a pleasant thing to read- on TPM of all places.

1 Like

Overall, Silver is giving this one to Hillary: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/iowa-democratic/

6 Likes

Whoever wins this is going to be very close.

O’Malley, not reaching the threshold of 15% support, is not a viable candidate so by the rules of the Iowa caucus, his voters will have to choose either Hillary or Bernie. Do these polls tell us who those voters second and third choices are?

Just remember: If the candidate you like wins, it’s a big deal and there is no stopping them. If the candidate you like doesn’t win, the caucuses don’t mean anything and Iowa is stupid.

19 Likes

LOL. Thank you for making me laugh :smile:

5 Likes

The Q pollster was the worse pollster out of Iowa in 2014. They had Ernst losing by 6 or more points. She ended up winning by 6 or more points.

3 Likes

Emerson college poll still has Hillary winning by 8.

3 Likes

Except that Emerson’s track record is not stellar either. Selzer (the gold standard) says Hillary +3, but things are still fluid with the undecided/half-decided-may-change-mind, plus O’Malley’s votes.

I checked the final Selzer and Q poll. Yes, they asked that question (i.e., “second choice”)

Hey, here’s a thought. How about we all just sit back and stfu and wait to hear what the results are?

4 Likes

Then my work here is done :slight_smile:

Just trying to prepare everyone for the social media storm that is about to come.

5 Likes

… Dagnabbit! It won’t let me like this more than once! :smile:

1 Like

It all depends on turnout.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/01/31/final-iowa-poll-shows-tight-races-clinton-trump-lead.html