Discussion: Poll: Rick Perry, Ted Cruz Supporters Think Military Is On Cusp Of Taking Over Texas

Discussion for article #236335

The Stupid likes to congregate in Texas.

2 Likes

This is really all Obama’s fault. I mean how can you blame the GOP/TeaP base for being so afraid, very afraid, of this President? Of course Obama is going to invade and take over Texas. What red blooded true patriot would think otherwise?

2 Likes

I think that chart about sums it up. Whose supporters are more cray-cray?

You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Isn’t that obvious?

3 Likes

Also, most Republicans think the US is going to take over or are not sure.

Look. If you aren’t sure, then you think it’s possible. So either way, you are NUTZ.

8 Likes

Well, the fruits and nuts the GOPTP have been cultivating for awhile now appear to be ripe.

7 Likes

For Texas Republicans the crazies aren’t a mental health challenge, they are a major constituency.

7 Likes

So 60% of Texas Republicans either believe that Obama intends on invading Texas, or isn’t sure.

Sounds about right to me. A state full of brainless, frightened rabbits.

2 Likes

The astounding part is that this was a national poll, not just a TX poll!

7 Likes

Another nail into the political coffins of Cruz and Perry.

3 Likes

100% of Democratic and independent voters realize that no one in his/her right mind would want anything to do with Texas. Besides that, in today’s economy, we can’t afford to support all those high school dropouts and unwed teen mothers. I feel bad for the normal people who live there - it must be stressful enough being surrounded with whack jobs, and can’t be helpful to find that your governor is one as well.

1 Like

So the two prominently tied to Texas pols are supported by people who are deeply afraid - follow the money seems a logical choice. Are Cruz and Perry profiting from the crazy? Are they refusing to calm their constituents because they’re fundraising off of the crazy? I’d be really surprised if the answer wasn’t YES. Which makes both completely unsuited for national office. Cruz is a disgrace - really tired of hearing how “smart” the guy is. He’s got a great memory and he’s clever about exploiting what he sees in front of him. But he can’t play chess.

3 Likes

Normally, in life, there are consequences.

In the case of Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes, perhaps not.

Murdoch: The man is not even an American, yet he has destroyed a country.

2 Likes

I don’t believe the poll is restricted to Texas Republicans. I think the article simply states that supporters of Perry and Cruz make up the largest percentage of conspiracy believers.

EDIT: At least it did before it morphed into an article about Scott’s Walker’s Walking Wounded (in the Head).

Therefore, I think the best way to describe the poll results is to say, “Texas is not necessarily safe from invasion by US military forces, according to 60% of Republicans nationwide.”

That way you get the most crazy for your dollar.

1 Like

There clearly is a superb match here between these idiots and their elected representatives. Any NORMAL politician would tell them they are a few beans short of a burrito, but Perry and Cruz share their fears…and stoke them as well. It’s a perfect partnership and why the GOP is less and less a party and more and more a private militia.

2 Likes

Poll results indicated that only 15% of Democrats believe that the federal government is planning to ‘take over’ Texas, but further polling revealed that 95% of them believe that such an action would be ‘in our best national interest.’

3 Likes

I would think the Paulites would be susceptible as well.

The Loonie tent preacher or the secessionist in Euro-trash specs. Tough choice!

Somebody left the zoo door open and these so-called Republican leaders, Cruz, Perry, Walker, et al, do not have the guts to close it and call out paranoid delusions. Those who run the zoo have surrendered running it to the zoo animals. Really, really pathetic.

1 Like

Very telling that the “Not Sure” vote is going to Rubio.