Discussion: Poll: Most Americans Think Trump's C'Ville Response Wasn't Strong Enough

2 Likes

Just 19 percent of Republicans thought Trump should have taken a stronger position, while 59 percent thought his response was strong enough.

I’d like for these folks to explain why.

18 Likes

And has that 52% heard President Trump’s latest off-the-cuff tirade? (Thereby revealing his own true self.) How many of that 52% is white…inquiring minds want to know.

7 Likes

I’m confused…‘not strong enough…’ meaning he should have condemned more strongly?

2 Likes

Mean time in Trumpland, Hope & Ivanka are playing this song to cheer him up…

3 Likes

Yes, 59% are a whole lot more than the deplorables. This is what we’re up against.

5 Likes

Excuse me… but those are the deplorables, although sometimes they disguise as sweet little old ladies.

3 Likes

Poll: Most Americans Think Trump’s C’Ville Response Wasn’t Strong Enough

TPM… do you mean not racist enough??? Should he dress like this and have an arm band with a certain symbol on it??

C’mon TPM try for clarity next time.

3 Likes

"The survey was conducted from a sample of 1,125 adults from Aug. 14–15, with a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points. Party affiliation results were taken from a sample of 859 registered voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.

These seem like very small samples to be meaningful. Were geographically and ethnically diverse?

2 Likes

They should have asked me. I’d point out that what should have happened, is the on the ground response should have made Ferguson look like a tickle fest.

Of course, these guys were set to shoot back, and our law enforcement (and military) is very much against taking on anyone as well armed as they are.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the method, but underrepresentation of sub-populations is often taken into account by weights.

2 Likes

59% of Republicans thought his response was sufficient. 52% overall, D’s, Rs, Indies, etc., thought it didn’t go far enough. I’m guessing most of those polled hadn’t yet heard yesterday’s ranting and raving since it didn’t occur until 4:00 or so. Most of those polled had probably only heard the remarks from Monday which did seem, on paper at least, OK.

3 Likes

CBS interviewing some of the Trump Trash. Fuck them all.

4 Likes

I know this is a typical wording, but to me it’s not a matter of to what degree it was strong. His response was in a way “strong” but morally, ethically, qualitatively unacceptable.

4 Likes

I smell hashtag!

#TrumpTrash

6 Likes

When everyone in the room tells you that you are drunk, sit down.

6 Likes

there’s that 27% number again supporting Bush at his low point, and again now tRUmp

the die hard R’s apparently = 27%

6 Likes

Listen to my drunk friends? Nevah!

1 Like

What a stupid poll. Actually the right answer was that his approach was too strong, not that it was’t strong enough.

I’ve disliked the “Interview with the Trumplings” articles and pieces as much as anyone, but I have to say I’m looking forward to the next iteration. It might be a bit clarifying for many.