Discussion: Police Chief: 12 Bombs Found At Home Searched After Shooting

Discussion for article #243403

Four guns recovered were all purchased legally, he said.

GOP: “We don’t need more gun laws. Let’s enforce the ones we have.”

10 Likes

Just 12 glorious little packages of 2nd Amendment freedumb, right?

4 Likes

Looks like it was a terrorist act but yet to be found is if it was a one off home grown attack or one planned and paid for by outside groups

1 Like

Evidence of weapons and bombs is not evidence of a “degree of planning”. Unless “degree of planning” means to have these weapons available for when I get pissed off or someone agitates me about the brain harvesters.

10 Likes

More and more puzzling.

This attack had at least one of the hallmarks of a “disgruntled employee” rampage - the target was an event with his co-workers. But those attacks are always solo affairs, usually without a lot of planning - grab the AR-15 and the Glock, load the car with ammo, wander in, and start shooting.

But it also doesn’t seem like a jihadist attack, either. No one is saying that the killers were shouting “Allahu Akbar,” no gloating from al-Qaeda or ISIS, and an odd choice of target for jihad.

20 Likes

It’s entirely possible to have elements of both - dude was pissed off at the work “Christmas” party, so decided then and there was as good a place as any for his someday terrorist act. I’d be interested in seeing his internet browser history.

10 Likes

Indeed. Most people susceptible to an ISIS pitch can’t be all that stable to begin with.

4 Likes

I think the details of the argument that theoretically precipitated this will be extremely important. What exactly were they fighting about?

It does sound like the couple had planned something and that this was an event of opportunity/emotion using materials at hand, but then, what were they originally planning?

3 Likes

yet.

If you have bombs available for help against the brain harvesters, I don’t think you need worry.

4 Likes

Have you listened to any of the Republican Presidential candidates lately? Most of them are saying “Hallejuh.”

1 Like

When are we going to get the story posted about the Secretary of Defense ordering ALL combat roles opened to women?

3 Likes

Legally purchased? I wonder if the NRA is ashamed of itself.

2 Likes

The couple also had 2,000 9mm rounds and 2,500 .223 rifle rounds. Combined with the 12 bombs, it is pretty clear that they were stocking up for something.

8 Likes

I bet the average toothless hillbilly rightwingnut down south have more than that in their trailers.

3 Likes

Curse these mooks for giving Cruz and Trump something to grandstand on.

2 Likes

Why would you wonder that? Of course they aren’t ashamed.

1 Like

So they were planning to take out first responders? (The remote controlled bomb that fortunately didn’t work.) They were just glorified idiots in their own minds like all mass shooters.

7 Likes

The assault weapons could not have been legally purchased in California, unless they were old and “grandfathered” into the laws we have. Where did they acquire them?

I wonder why the NRA doesn’t think that stockpiling massive rounds of ammunition shouldn’t be the basis for an alert to law enforcement and FBI?