Discussion: Police Arrest Homeless Man In Connection To TX Islamic Center Fire

Discussion for article #233319

As usual a lot of people jumped to conclusions on this one. The real story here is the plight of the homeless in the winter. Even in Houston winters are damn cold.

1 Like

No money for a home, but money for accelerants and access to information media.

(He confessed to doing it, but did he, really?)

A Texas Twofer! The public policy goal of punishing extreme poverty, substance abuse and mental illness through homelessness accomplishes the second public policy goal of setting back the ever-present threat of Shariah by forcing them to spend resources rebuilding their subversion centers! A triumph for private sector solutions to public problems!

4 Likes

Just as I thought when it was reported to be a homeless person.

He lit a fire and it got out of control.

1 Like

Excuse me, are you suggesting, if stupidly, that the cost of rent and a can of gasoline or kerosene are equivalent?

2 Likes

Access to info media? Did you look at the video? He was being led out of the police station in cuffs and a reporter asked him a question. The guy has an extensive criminal record, much of it for trespassing.

Do you know how common it is for homeless people to start fires to keep warm, and then they get out of control.

Money for accelerants? All you need a to find a gas can with a gallon of gas somewhere.

No, it’s not a big gubbermint conspiracy. This guy is not going to jail to cover up for someone else, that is silly. If they were looking to cover up, why not just have it be an electrical fire? Why would you get a homeless guy with a criminal record “in on the plot”??

1 Like

Happens a lot. Homeless shelters are especially important in winter. They said they had seen this guy around a lot, he was probably crashing out at night in storage area in the attic somewhere. If you look at the temperature at night during that time, it was 59 on Monday, but dipped down to a low of 46 the night of the fire.
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/ObservationsSummary.aspx?location=USTX0617

1 Like

Well, it may yet come out that he’s a “New Atheist” or a Rosicrucian [or whatever]. (snark).

1 Like

Talk about a leading question…

5 Likes

Auditioning for a job writing speeches for Perry’s presidential run? :stuck_out_tongue:

This all may pass your “smell test”. It doesn’t mine (and I am reassured that I am not alone).

2 Likes

Rest assured Alex Jones is right there with you.

1 Like

Do you mean, like, did you rob that bank because you wanted to give all the money to a church?

1 Like

I smell patsy.

1 Like

You said the other day it was an electrical problem. Did you jump to conclusions?

1 Like

"As he was being arrested, a reporter from the station asked Ferguson whether he started the fire to stay warm. Ferguson replied: “Uhh…yeah, yeah. That’s it.”

2 Likes

Houston, TX, Friday, February 13, 2015:

65 degrees (F)

1 Like

No, I read that. Then the story was updated.

Don’t believe everything you read.

1 Like