Discussion: Pence Tries To Clean Up After Trump's Comment That Obama 'Founded ISIS'

Poor Mike Pence. From governor to the guy who follows the horses in a parade with a broom, in just one step.

18 Likes

“Well, the one thing about Donald Trump is he doesn’t go tip-toeing around the rules, the semantic rules, of political correctness. He just speaks his mind,” he said. “Everybody in this country knows exactly what Donald Trump means, whether it be on that or other issues. He’s a plainspoken man.”

“What did you expect? Welcome, sonny? Make yourself at home? Marry my daughter? You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know . . . morons”

6 Likes

He just speaks his mind

And what a mind it is. :smile:

2 Likes

“Well, the one thing about Donald Trump is he doesn’t go tip-toeing around the rules, the semantic rules, of political correctness. He just speaks his mind,” he said. “Everybody in this country knows exactly what Donald Trump means, whether it be on that or other issues. He’s a plainspoken man.”

Well, Governor Pence, if that is so why didn't you tell your interviewer Trump was employing sarcasm? You know, since everyone knows what Donald Trump means?
13 Likes

And when asked if Trump’s comment was “factually incorrect,” Pence simply said that Trump is not concerned with being politically correct.

Oh Mikey - there’s a YUGE difference between being factually correct and politically correct. One relies on the use of, you know, FACTS!

When you lie down with pigs, you wake up in fetid feces. And you’re destined to wake up in feces every day between now and the end of time.

9 Likes

It’s Elephants, being the product of the GOP.

5 Likes

“Everybody in this country knows exactly what Donald Trump means,”

That part is true.

2 Likes

Dense was quoted, I knew there was gonna be crap, but I never remotely imagined there would be this much.

3 Likes

Ah, yes. I stand corrected. (But not right behind the pachyderms.)

3 Likes

Is Pence’s new job title “Trump’s Janitor in Chief”? All he’s done since he got selected as Trump’s VP candidate is to unsuccessfully try to clean up Trump’s messes. Which is Mission Absolutely Impossible, if there ever was one.

5 Likes

Prediction: Despite now saying the assertion was sarcasm, and leaving Pence and the party out on a limb unnecessarily defending or explaining something only to have Trump disavow it, at his very next rally Trump will repeat the line. And assure the crowd he means it.

6 Likes

Governor Pence is probably missing the irony that his VP nomination is God’s punishment for signing the “Religious Freedom” law.

7 Likes

Oh, I get that. But why does God have to apply this punishment to all of us?

2 Likes

Guess Pence didn’t get the corrected talking point that the claims were 'sarcasm."

7 Likes

No, Mikey, you get to do his tip-toeing for him.

And his mind is like the the funhouse at a carnival – filled with illusions, distorting mirrors, and bizarre, confusing twists and turns. And like the funhouse, nothing in it is real

10 Likes

Republicans must view this race as resembling the Bataan Death March. You just have to put one foot in front of the other, because if you surrender to your desire to just stop and fall to the ground you’ll be dispatched posthaste. Yet every day you grow more weary, more depressed, and more assured the whole hellish enterprise is an exercise in cruelty and pain offering no reward when finished, even if you manage to survive.

11 Likes

Well Mikey, it looks like your Trumps personal pooper scooper. Every time Trump takes a dump you have to come along and clean it up. How does it taste ?

How does it feel that you you sold your soul?

6 Likes

Hey Mike, the zoo is hiring.

7 Likes

Pence then went on to call King George III one of America’s founding fathers.

3 Likes