Discussion: Pence Told Liberty Grads To 'Be Ready' For Media, 'Secular Left' Attacks On Faith

1 Like

"No one does evil more cheerfully than when they do it from religious conviction."

---- Blaise Paschal

20 Likes

So Pence is playing the evangelical identity politics victim card.
He probably thinks Trump’s favorite bible passage is “Thou shall grab thy neighbors wives loin”
Since he’s giving the commencement at Liberty University is Falwell’s cabana boy getting an honorary degree.

17 Likes

“Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian beliefs,” he said.

“Traditional Christian beliefs” include feeding the hungry, healing the sick, and comforting the afflicted.

It’s not your “faith” people attack; it’s your shameless hypocrisy.

35 Likes

“you’re going to be asked not just to tolerate things that violate your faith, you’re going to be asked to endorse them”

You mean like imposing the belief that a cell is a human on people?

10 Likes

Endorse abortions? The issue has nothing to do with religious faith, no one is being forced to have an abortion. As an atheist I am scorned, they aren’t.

10 Likes

14 Likes

As usual Pence claims Hollywood is ridiculing Christians. Are there any examples?
The Bishop’s Wife
The Ten Commandments
The Greatest Story Ever Told
Ben Hur
Going thy way with Bing Crosby.
Boys town with Spencer Tracy as Father Flanagan.
The passion of the Christ aka Jesus chainsaw massacre produced by the amoral spousal abuser anti Semite Mel Gibson.

Or TV programs:
Little House on the Prairie
Highway to heaven.
Touched by an Angel-produced by Trump acolyte Mark Burnett who created the Apprentice.

5 Likes

Interesting that they brought the old "Laugh -In " set out of storage for this event though.

4 Likes

Dear Mike,

Fuck you and the Hobby Lobby Plastic Flashing RGB LED-Backlit Baby Jesus you rode in on. Oh, and Mother, too!

11 Likes

Pence: “Some of the loudest voices for tolerance today have little tolerance for traditional Christian racist beliefs”

FIFY Mike

Actually Dominion qua Christianist beliefs would be closer but that’s kinda wordy for brother Mikey and his pals.

7 Likes

Christians of Pence’s ilk feel persecuted if they can’t persecute everybody else. It’s an affront to their religious freedom.

14 Likes

Great message for the grads! Start your adult life with a big sense of victimhood.

13 Likes

THAT sums it up, perfectly!

2 Likes

“. . . just be ready because you’re going to be asked not just to tolerate things that violate your faith . . .”

Like when reasonable people and “Hollywood Elites” make fun of you for believing Jesus and dinosaurs coexisted.

12 Likes

A Republican – Pence in this particular instance – opens his mouth and reveals himself, yet again, to be a whining asshole. Who’d have thunk?

5 Likes

Cling fast to your “faith” and someday you, too, may have your own personal cabana boy - just like my friend and supporter of the president, Reverend Falwell, here.

10 Likes

When you take an “us versus the world” position, the world may respond, “Yeah, okay, if you like.”

5 Likes

I think the term for Trump’s grabees is “loins”.

This is exactly the point, isn’t it? The “secular” left isn’t demanding that Christians, or other believers for that matter, do anything outside of their religion. It’s only the pure believers who seek to impose their beliefs on the rest of us, and who claim the mantle of victimhood if we push back. I’m old enough to remember when, in NYC of all places, stores had to close on Sunday because a segment of the population went to church.

I’m always intrigued at the cry of “sharia” as the charge against Muslims, when it’s the Christian true believers who want the government to enforce their idea of religion. That used to be called theocracy, and it stinks.

5 Likes