Discussion: Pence Returns Midwest To Do Damage Control As Trade War Devastates Farmers

1 Like

Vice President Mike Pence is launching a damage control campaign in the Midwest this week, meeting with key donors to offer reassurances as President Donald Trump’s trade war threatens to devastate soybean and pork production and other key parts of the agricultural industry.

I wonder if those reassurances include monetary compensation for lost revenue and contracts due to Trump's trade policies?
7 Likes

“Vice President Mike Pence is launching a damage control campaign in the Midwest this week, meeting with key donors”

Donors. Not farmers.

32 Likes

The Vice President will also fundraise for three incumbent House Republicans by foreshadowing the potential damage the Republican Party ***will cause i***f Democrats don’t win back control of the House.

Fixed it for ya Mikey
Betcha they hand the little weasel a ration of shit and keep their checkbooks closed

2 Likes

Gotta keep the GOP campaign money flowing.

Party before country.

10 Likes

“When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually every country it does business with, trade wars are good, and easy to win,”

Donald Trump

Maybe those agriculture interests would like Pence to regale them with how easy this all has been.
11 Likes

Mike Pence is a less convincing Joe Isuzu.

18 Likes

The fake evangelical Pence…

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers for the soybean and pork farmers.

30 Likes

Note to farmers: He is not there because he cares about you. He’s only in it for the money that will buy enough politicians to devastate your lives through policy.

24 Likes

I wonder if Pence isn’t at least considering the possibility that now may be the time to start shifting GOP money loyalty away from Trump to him.

9 Likes

Eff’em. You reap what you sow. For those that voted for Trump here’s to their eventual bankruptcy, followed by a few shots of whiskey and a trip out to the barn with a pistol to end their miserable existences.

8 Likes

“You got a good deal ! A huge tax cut, and a Supreme Court Judge ! Never mind the soybeans”.

I hope, Pence will enjoy the trip…

7 Likes

Pence worships Trump, not God

3 Likes

Where’s my calculator? I’m trying to figure out how much the tax cuts will help people wit negative net income.

16 Likes

Uh, I was being sarcastic. Thoughts and prayers being the tonic for everything the GOP doesn’t want to address.

8 Likes

The head of a national soybean association told Politico that farmers have already lost 20 percent of their income in soybeans nationally since Trump launched his trade war.

What? Didn’t 80-90% of them vote for tRump? Are they getting tired of the winning? Didn’t tRump Make their Asses Great Again?

I mean, these are bible-belt farmers. Didn’t they read the part about, “As ye sow, so shall ye reap?”

16 Likes

“Pence Returns to Midwest to Piss Some More on Farmers and Tell Them It’s Raining”

12 Likes

I wasn’t.

3 Likes

Pence Returns Midwest To Do Damage Control As Trade War Devastates Farmers

Mission Unpossible.

3 Likes