Discussion: Pence Knocked For Calling Trump Disses About Immigrants ‘That Mexican Thing’

1 Like

Why waste energy over Pence?

Polls suggest a Hillary landslide.

9 Likes

That Mexican thing … because, ya know, they’ve moved on from it.

6 Likes

White Bread Dence…

1 Like

I so loved hearing from the Fake Christian last night. The man has no principles so it doesn’t surprise me he kept trying to deny his running made said horrible things or tried to move away from them.

13 Likes

Oh I don’t think Pence is a Fake Christian, I think he’s Christian morals, ethics, and the version he displays are not what we have generally been taught in mainstream Christian churches. I can’t decide if this new version of Christianity is religious first or political first, or a blending of the two which is ugly.

6 Likes

It’s been hiding in plain sight; Donald has an evil twin who is one helluva lot smarter, polished and cunning.

2 Likes

Well, a movie about racism is perfect for this one.

9 Likes

ahem,

3 Likes

Pence did not embarrass himself last night (much), but the mere fact that he is on the ticket with the Worst Candidate Ever negates any value he may bring. He’s also a documented enemy of LBGT rights, a rabid anti-abortion “pro-lifer” and generally a right-wing asshole. No thanks.

12 Likes

I want a bigger landslide.

20 Likes

I want a tremendous landslide!

17 Likes

It’ll be yuge. The best landslide. It’s going to be such a landslide that you’ll probably get bored of [sic] landslides.

9 Likes

That’s classy

1 Like

So, which one is Saruman and which one is Wormtongue?

3 Likes

It is the kind of Christianity that ignores the teachings of Jesus and preaches the message that God wants you to send as much money as you can to a post office box somewhere in South Carolina or Texas.

7 Likes

I want a landslide to end all landslides.

3 Likes

This article is a good copy of a portion of Yahoo’s original srticle.

On the other hand, Mike Pence’s “you whipped out that Mexican thing again” is a poor copy of Reagan’s “there you go again”.

Reagan’s line, however trite, showed his basic humanity. Pence’s line shows he has about as much self awareness as today’s best artificial intelligence programs :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

I expect Hillary to out-perform the polls by several points.

Her campaign has a masterful grasp of GOTV efforts, and a tremendous ground game.
Trump’s campaign has hubris and delusional beliefs about winning.

That is going to be the difference in results on November 8.

4 Likes

Pence Rule # 23 - When asked about an offensive & bigoted statement made by your running mate - Trivialize it and be as dismissive as possible - pretend as though those impacted were simply not worth of basic common courtesy.

• for additional examples -
    … if confronted with Trump’s public ridicule of a handicapped reporter - “Oh - you’re going to whip out the spastic thing?”
    … if confronted with Trump’s insults of Veterans with PTSD “Oh, you’re going to whip out that not-mentally-strong-enough soldier thing?”

The thought of Pence stepping into the oval office is every bit as nauseating as the thought of Trump being sworn in. Pence has demonstrated that his allegiance to an ultra-right wing agenda will not be impeded by trivial things like human decency & common sense.

6 Likes