Discussion: Pence Endorses Paul Ryan – But Denies Being 'Out of Step' With Trump

:joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Out of Step?

If I were White Bread Dense, my step would be a full-blown gallop away from Drumpfest.

1 Like

Pence, you are a slime ball, a scum bag, and a coward. On top of that, as a politician, you are a dead man.

4 Likes

Pence: “I believe we need Paul Ryan in leadership in the Congress.”

“To authorize another 67 votes to repeal Obamacare, shut down the government several more times, and do absolutely nothing for years to come.”

12 Likes

Obama has his anger translator.

Pence is serving as Trump’s sane translator.

Except Obama’s guy is just joking…

4 Likes

Trump: I will be endorsing Ryan’s opponent very soon. Pence is an idiot. He also supported Iraq war.

6 Likes

…and Paul Ryan’s reelected to Congress and as speaker of the House.

I feel like those are two very different assumptions. Ryan probably wins the primary and his district, but will he have enough votes outside the radical caucus to get to 218 in the House in the new Congress?

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be at all surprising to see Donald tweet exactly this later today.

4 Likes

Pence got permission from daddy to help a buddy. NIce.

3 Likes

oh, puleeeeez!

2 Likes

Here’s Pence, hard at work on the campaign trail:

4 Likes

Pence is proving what us Hoosiers have been trying to tell you all.
The more you know Pence, the more you will realize that there is a lot not to like there!
In Indiana we put up signs on our lawns that say, “Fire Pence!”

4 Likes

You should watch this guy.

You know if Von Clownstick wins who will be doing the day-to-day heavy lifting

2 Likes

This move is definitely sidestepping Trump. No doubt about it. Pence seems to be going rogue.
Trump loves loyalty> He’s of the mind that if he dislikes someone, everyone around him should dislike that person too.

Pence is a politician. He’s seasoned. He understands politics.
Trump is clueless. He thinks his way is the only way. May work well in the boardroom, where his word is final say. But it’s awful strategy in a democracy. Pence understands this and may be why he’s trying to stomp out the latest fire.

Unfortunately for him, it won’t work because Trump plays by different rules in his head.

Pence will be putting out a lot of fires.

2 Likes

How come on the list of the 10 worst jobs in the world, Von Clonwstick’s pick for Veep on the campaign trail is not one of them?

2 Likes

Pence, handcuffed to Trump. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

3 Likes

Is Dense the guy on top, or the brown stuff on the bottom?

2 Likes

Is this some proverbial three-dimensional-chess wherein T preaches to one self-contained bubble within the GOP, and P preaches to another?

2 Likes

Assuming Trump doesn’t self-destruct on something else before anyone can use this, this kind of thing is exactly what gets Trump riled. Remember how he dropped the hammer on his subordinates who were trying to defuse the Judge Curiel thing? And what he wanted to do was call his critics the real racists? Just keep asking Trump who’s in charge here, him or Pence, and watch what happens.

3 Likes