Discussion: Pence Accuses (The Also Christian) Buttigieg Of Attacking His 'Christian Faith'

1 Like

Just pointing out Pence’s abject hypocrisy.

21 Likes

All, Attack!, Evangelical Christianity for their 40 year alliance with the GOP in an attempt to bring a Right- wing theocratic dictatorship to this country which has culminated in their electing a Satanic president in league with Russia, and other dictatorial powers, in an effort to institute an oligarchic fascistic kleptocracy that gives lip service to the non-existant Evangelical Christian God who has become, unbeknownst to them, Satan himself. Whew!

16 Likes

The mere existence of Pence is an attack on many people.

22 Likes

See, this is why Buttigieg is getting his Christian bona fides in order. Good for him and fuck Mike Pence.

41 Likes

If Beelzebub had a service animal, I’m reasonably sure it would be Mike Pence.

67 Likes

Excellent. You’re topping yourself.

9 Likes

The 2nd in Command of one of the most powerful countries on the planet is such a snowflake

10 Likes

Well that backfired spectacularly already.

15 Likes

“And lo, Jesus said, Love thy neighbor, unless he’s a fag.”

-Pence’s Bible

40 Likes

“And lo, Jesus said, Render unto Trump what is Trump’s. Just keep rendering.”

-Pence’s Bible

16 Likes

Hey Democratic presidential candidates - hope you’re listening because Mayor Pete is already debating the veep. He’d make a wonderful running mate for any one of you.

38 Likes

Pence does not want to go down this road–certainly not in the way he’s paving it. “The importance of respecting the freedom of religion” doesn’t exempt you from criticism of how you put your faith into practice, any more than exercising your right to free speech doesn’t exempt you from criticism of what you say or how you choose to say it.

Apologetics is a time-honored–and crucial–aspect of one’s religious practice. That Pence doesn’t appear to want to engage in practicing it is itself notable and open to examination.

26 Likes

Since Pence is essentially a theocrat with views about governing which were prevalent in the 13th Century, it’s pretty hard to criticize his policy positions without “attacking his Christian faith.”

24 Likes

Pence is the classic victimizer who plays the victim, much like Donnie.

22 Likes

Oh, I don’t think Beelzebub needs much help. If we flipped your formulation the other way around, though . . .

4 Likes

Mayor Pete:

Make this hypocrite mad. There is an ocean of repressed evil behind a lifetime of stonefacing.

28 Likes

People have a right to practice their faith.

But there is no “right” to claim you are a Christian who follows the teachings of Jesus, unless you actually fucking do.

#FuckThePoorAndEveryoneNotLikeMe is more their religion, and it is clearly quite distinct from Christianity.

28 Likes

If Pence takes his Christianity seriously, he might want to heed the words of his Lord and Savior:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’-- Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV)

21 Likes

Naw. Feel bad for Pence. He’s gotta be one of those closet gays who prayed the gay away and married Mother to stay in God’s good graces.

And now he’s feeling endlessly hurt because the guy who he would love to reach out to and discuss his feelings is trashing him in public.

9 Likes