Discussion: Pelosi Will Not Authorize SOTU Until Government Reopens

She is the Rev. Faith Green Timmons of the Bethel United Methodist Church

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/09/14/watch-this-flint-pastor-interrupt-donald-trump-as-he-criticized-clinton/

3 Likes

One useful thing about being a woman: We don’t have that culturally imprinted temptation to get in a DSW with someone like him. We can channel our inner grandmothers and firmly but civilly put our foot down.

2 Likes

He may not respect Speaker Pelosi, but he does fear her. Notice how he hasn’t come up with any sort of nickname for her? Because she would punch back. And hard. He’d be humiliated in front of his base of women-hatin’ misogynists and he damn well knows it.

4 Likes

Slightly OT:

I chuckle inwardly every time I read that phrase ‘release the hostages.’ Along with
‘dropping the kids off at the pool,’ it’s a euphemism I use for a no. 2.

ONE ROUND TKO

Once he stood so proudly as
a master of deceit,
flashing bling of winnings
though claims of victory masked defeats.

But Pelosi is a boxer
who knocked Trump down with class
and dumped him on his haunches
with bone spurs up his ass.

1 Like

Maybe, but she probably just wants him to reopen the GD government. She’s said he can give his stupid speech once the government is open. Also, because neither he nor anyone working for him appears to understand how our government works, perhaps she thought this would be a good learning opportunity for the idiot and his crew of morons.

3 Likes

Then I guess Pelosi could just show up in the Oval Office and take over the Resolute Desk and all our troubles would be over!

A girl can dream.

3 Likes

You know - this will just not end well for Trump. Pelosi knows just exactly how to waterboard him figuratively for MONTHS on end.

This shutdown / wall debate, however it ends, is just a dress rehearsal for the FY2020 and FY2021 Budget battles. Pelosi controls both this debate and those to come by virtue of her office, and the cohesion of her caucus. She will tell both Trump and Mulvaney that their budget drafts are not worthy of consideration, reset the budget priorities for the next decade, and oversee the overseers of Trump’s crimes.

She can drive Trump crazy enough to kill him via stroke, heart attack or dementia. Failing that she is very effectively forcing him into behaviors that will doom his reelection campaign before it starts, risk the forced removal of him from his office, and most certainly guarantee that he will be prosecuted by a future Atty General for multiple felonies and spend the rest of his sorry days incarcerated.

If he was smart he would resign right now and appeal for clemency from VP Pence before he burns every bridge he has left, but we know he is the stupidest human to ever step into the White House, and just maybe the stupidest man on Earth.

7 Likes

Uh, no, he isn’t. It’s actually a crime.

40 UCS § 5104(e)(2):

An individual or group of individuals may not willfully and knowingly—
(A) enter or remain on the floor of either House of Congress or in any cloakroom or lobby adjacent to that floor, in the Rayburn Room of the House of Representatives, or in the Marble Room of the Senate, unless authorized to do so pursuant to rules adopted, or an authorization given, by that House;

40 UCS § 5104 (b):

A person violating section 5103 or 5104(b), ©, (d), (e)(2), or (f) of this title, or attempting to commit a violation, shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.

§ 5104(e)(3) contains an exemption for members of Congress and staff (who are evidently automatically authorized), but not for any executive branch members including the president.

1 Like

But he just did today!

Nancy Pelosi, or Nancy, as I call her…

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes. He is too stupid to understand the power she now has over him. And he’ll throw a hissy fit until he’s removed from office, one way or another.

Boehner and Ryan were nothing compared with Pelosi. Losers.

1 Like

Aaaand, scene.

3 Likes

She’s 3rd in line. If The Puppet and Pence go down at the same time then…

#DreamBig :smile:

4 Likes

hopefully the Senate Majority Leader will have a heart attack
as an added bonus —

1 Like

She’s second in line. :wink:

2 Likes

I hope she starts calling him Donald. He hated that when Clinton did it in the debates.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. Speaking of the Constitution, here’s what it says about SOTU Article II Section 3: "He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information on the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; " That’s it. How the statement is delivered is not specified. Forgive me if I do not see this spat as some kind of Constitutional crisis. I am on Nancy’s side. The tone of the exchanges is regrettable.

A mild one. He deserves to die in prison too. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I stand corrected. :smile: Index 0 vs Index 1 lol (programmer joke).

2 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pelosi-invites-trump-to-deliver-state-of-the-union-on-feb-5/2019/01/28/9076e7a0-2344-11e9-90cd-dedb0c92dc17_story.html

I am a little surprised by this. The shutdown is over, but the clock is ticking for legislative action to keep it open. Surely that won’t happen before this date?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available