Discussion: Pelosi Defends Omar: 'It Took Them What, 13 Years To Notice Steve King?'

Thank goodness we have Nancy Pelosi as Speaker and a leader of the Democratic Party. The next two years, including the 2020 election, are going to be different.

35 Likes

Minor correction: Repubs noticed Steve King a long time ago, but they didn’t care and some even embraced his racist views.

34 Likes

I’m hoping the false equivalence wasn’t intentional. There’s really no comparison.

6 Likes

1,000 likes

1 Like

Lardass and his sycophant sidekick can just butt the fuck out. It’s almost funny that they think they can tell Congress what to do. Oh wait…they could, until now. Thank you Madame Speaker.

12 Likes

Oddly, they still don’t seem to have noticed Donald Trump.

29 Likes

It was ironical. To quote Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting.

5 Likes

You rock, Madam Speaker.

10 Likes

Unfortunately, we have.

2 Likes

Does AIPAC influence policy or not? I’d think it a far bigger insult to a lobbyist to suggest they have no influence. As if their whole existence were for nothing.

3 Likes

The GOP does not give a damn about anything dealing with “racial sensitivity”.

Their Base wallows in racial INsensitivity. It’s a selling point. Moreover, this cruelty is something which can devolve into greater insensitivity (as it HAS…think about the the lay of the cultural landscape over the past 15 years).

Anything the GOP says which can be construed as “caring for someone being offended” is a line which is packaged for people who still work the Independents, the shape-shifting Libertarians and those ReThug voters who will never leave the Party BUT need something to show their neighbors.

8 Likes

Pelosi seems to have figured out a nonchalant “nah, we’re good, look at that shit” message which doesn’t itself play into whataboutism. Presumably, part of the reason is that she only deploys it once the Democratic problem has been addressed and concluded.

Like, yep, we cut our finger making lunch today. Oops and ow. We bandaged it. It’s healing now. You’re still bleeding out from a grievous mandolin wound from last Thursday. You may actually need surgery or something. What of it? Do you really want to talk about culinary accidents?

20 Likes

Pelosi appears to have moved on from the scandal…But…Republicans can’t let it go…

And continue to beat another dead horse like they always do…Benghazi!

4 Likes

Nailed it.

7 Likes

It shows how weak the GOP hand is that they’re still flogging this departed equine.

5 Likes

I love how they ONLY talk of Steve King…what about McCarthy and Scalise that said essentially the same thing? McCarthy INSISTS that he was talking about Republicans and Democrats when he denigrated rich Democrat supporting Jews but that brown skinned MUSLIM girl? NO WAY! SHE should be condemned…

9 Likes

Thank you, Nancy.

Please say this at least daily?

4 Likes
3 Likes

That was my concern too, but I think Pelosi handled the push-back correctly without equivocating. She seemed to be saying to Republicans: “She’s new to congress, misspoke and apologized. How come you’re not asking for King’s resignation?”

6 Likes