Discussion: Pelosi Applauds Mueller For Providing 'Record' For 'Future Action' By Congress

Respectfully, the future is here. NOW. Really…

7 Likes

“However, her statement made no mention of impeachment.”

Yawn.

Just HAD to make sure that adults who can read for themselves what Pelosi said didn’t miss that, eh?

13 Likes

Now, if she only would take that action, not in the future, but now.

Start the hearings; prosecute those that don’t respond to subpoenas. Otherwise, it’s all being swept under the rug and it’s just another day.

1 Like

I’m convinced Pelosi recognizes the inevitability of entering the impeachment process, and long ago decided on a slow, temperate process to get there. This statement is another step.

27 Likes

Maxine is doing that…and this lady needs some support, as you, more than most people, know.

5 Likes

Agree, as I posted on another thread:

9 Likes

Future action . . . just over the horizon . . . just keep walking . . . not that horizon . . . the horizon past that horizon . . . keep going . . .

3 Likes

Why would anyone expect her to do so without having at least discussed it with and polled her caucus?They’re not even in DC right now.

15 Likes

4 Likes

This response invites a counterattack, though, given that Trump has already given Barr the power to selectively declassify info, I’m not sure what it will be.

If they don’t have anything queued up related to the probe itself, they’ll likely go for a big, stupid distraction by midday Friday.

I can hardly wait.

And tomorrow, “the future” will be yesterday, and the chance to make impeachment about the Russia attack will continue to fade back into nothingness, while Nadler, Cummings, Pelosi, et al talk about “steps” and “consequences” and “actions” that accomplish nothing…

or nothing other than letting Trump frame it all as a partisan struggle (or a persona Donald v Nancy feud)

4 Likes

Hah, I thought this spam was a quote about Muller from Giuliani :rofl:

3 Likes

Because they think two-hour political thrillers happened in real time

6 Likes

I was thinking out my criticism of this statement, but it’s really not needed. She is not going to stand in the way of impeachment if the groundswell is large enough. It’s up to the members of the caucus to apply the pressure.

1 Like

It’ll be weird for Pelosi to mention impeachment right after Mueller’s statement. It’s not a statement that differs significantly from report, so it’s unlikely for public opinion to change dramatically. Plus, they’re still dealing with subpoenas and hearings. I hope the media don’t keep emphasizing the “i” word each time.

Need more Nancy

3 Likes

Because ruling by fiat is a thing right now.

1 Like

Because expectations are often based on wish-think and thorough misunderstandings of the facts and practical reality hehe

9 Likes

Right?! Some folks seem to think this is an episode of Law & Order and McCoy will have it all wrapped up in an hour.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available