Discussion: Paul Ryan Still Pushing Medicare Privatization But With Few Details

1 Like

“will not affect people”

6 Likes

“Paul Ryan Still Pushing Medicare Privatization But With Few Details”

http://global3.memecdn.com/cat-iz-taxi-driver_fb_2486639.jpg

That’s just more Teatroll code. It will certainly affect organisms that they don’t consider to be people.

16 Likes

8 Likes

Let’s see what happens to Mittens…SoS or humiliation?
The waffling Speaker that couldn’t utter the name could be the next sad face at a heavily curtained 3 star…

3 Likes

It will be like Obamacare, but the population covered will be much older, the premiums higher, and the guy who signs it into law will be lighter–more cinnebar/vermillion.

5 Likes

Wha-huh? You almost need a decoder ring to understand him…

6 Likes

Wait, so, is this the “every other Tuesday” or was that last week?

Also, this is Thursday.

5 Likes

Ryan can blow us all.

He hasn’t got the faintest fucking clue how to fix a thing.

16 Likes

No details, no policy. This program, whatever it is, is ALL details or it’s nothing.

4 Likes

It may be time to quit giving space to this bozo’s bozotic Medicare-devastation mission. Nobody who matters seems to look to him as the leader on this issue. He hasn’t discussed it with the transition team. The Senate is clearly not on board. Maybe Mrs. Ryan likes it…

5 Likes

In the Ryan Medicare lexicon “fix” means to neuter.

7 Likes

“I think what’s happening is you’re getting the latest wave of Democratic talking points to try to play Medi-scare politics, which is what they typically do every other Tuesday,” he said.

Good luck Paul.

5 Likes

Even if he hasn’t, Tom Price’s nomination proves that Trump has likely cast a bit of his capital in this venture.

6 Likes

why not both?

6 Likes

Maybe the best strategy for opponents is to simply call Ryan’s plan what it is: Changing Medicare to Obamacare. Say it loudly and often.

3 Likes

Draft GOP legislation calls for replacing Medicare with vouchers.

Redeemable at any PetSmart location.

No word yet on the bill’s Can-Opener Affordability provisions.

16 Likes

Is anyone else bothered by absolutely no challenge to Ryan saying Medicare is going bankrupt?? Sorry, but this doesn’t inform me of anything I don’t already know, but yet manages to let a big falsehood slide

13 Likes

“I think what’s happening is you’re getting the latest wave of Democratic talking points to try to play Medi-scare politics”

It IS scary to think that it is even being thought about that we should return to a system pre-Medicare where seniors were practically unable to purchase insurance on the private market. Who wants to insure old sick people? Gee, there’s boatloads of money to be made there. We forget that this is why Medicare was created in the first place by Democrats in 1965. The GOP plan is simply to go backwards in time as far as you can get away with. No thanks.

10 Likes

Petsmart would be a good place. While you’re there picking up your voucher/coupon you can also get some cat food to eat.

8 Likes