Discussion: Paul Manafort Dodges Question On Trump’s Iran Video About-Face

“I’m not sure if there was confusion” before immediately pivoting to get back on script.

They’re still working on how to spin it. He’ll explain once they can come up with something rational. If ever.

6 Likes

Um, isn’t Paul the campaign manager. And if not, who IS?

2 Likes

Does anyone still believe, DJT can “turn anything around,” “pivot” or repair any of the damage he has inflicted on himself or this party?

6 Likes

That is just what Manafort’s Russian employer told him to say.

7 Likes

skillfully

I’m taking “skillfully” to mean Manafart didn’t accidentally endorse Paul Ryan again? But it is not the footage as much as Trump’s embroidery on the theme, money “poured” off the aircraft, the Iranian government “had to have shot it” because it was so steady, it was shot and given to us to humiliate President Obama, that leads people to further suspect Trump’s sanity…

4 Likes

I humbly ask you all to forgive me for being completely off topic here. I tried looking for somewhere to post that comes at least close to this topic but couldn’t find anything. This has been on my mind since last night & I’ve had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

So last night on Chris Matthews “let me finish” segment he played a clip from his interview with Dump where he asked Dump about taking nukes off the table in Europe (I’m sure most of you have seen or at least heard of the interview.) Dump said he wouldn’t “take any of his cards off the table.” also “would there be a time when it could be used? Possibly.” Chris goes on to say that no one wants to hear a guy running for president say that. Dump then goes on to ask Chris “why do we make them” :fearful: This exchange then got me to thinking about what Morning Joe said about Dump asking a foreign policy expert THREE TIMES why we can’t use nukes. That is some dangerous talk, & it has me seriously worried.

This Dump in my opinion is itching to threaten a country with nuclear bombardment if they don’t fall into line with whatever he asks. Can someone please talk me off a ledge here? Am I reading too much into this & being silly or should I start digging a bunker?

1 Like

By golly, Trump just may actually beat Obama in November.

15 Likes

skillfully dodged

I don’t think that means what you think it means.

3 Likes

Sorry, no. Trump is dangerous already.

1 Like

The fricking Iranian treasury gets monies from all manner of sources. It’s fungible. It’s dumped into one pot. Are we supposed to believe some Iranian intel operative said “Damn, I’m glad this $400 mil fell in our lap, otherwise our terrorist operations were shutting down”? Iran was going to do whatever they had planned, $400 mil or no $400 mil. Idjits.

5 Likes

I think it was a typo. It was supposed to read “cravenly lied”

FIFY

2 Likes

“The point is that $400 million in cash that most likely ended up in terrorist camps used against the West was given in exchange for hostages and the President of the United States lied to the American people,”

No Paul, that ISN’T the ‘point’ and you are doing EXACTLY what you are accusing the President of doing but of course, without FACTS. Smarmy creep.

6 Likes

Putin’s hand is up Manafort’s ass, working the mouth and saying the words. Then Manafrort is trying the same with Trump, but Donald does not know how to be a good dummy. Only a bad dummy.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the real “tell” in all of this. The BS artist has to tack on a lot of bogus details to make his story more convincing.

2 Likes

Point No. 1: He is now getting daily top secret U.S. security briefings.

The very same man who urged Russia to hack the former U.S. Secretary of State

He’s not getting briefed yet and the penalties for disclosure, part of the briefing, should make him wet himself a little right there in his chair…as the President more or less said yesterday.

2 Likes

When asked if he had anything to add, Manafort spontaneously replied: “Nyet, nyet.”

8 Likes

Actualy he said “Nyot nyet.”

2 Likes

I wish I could. I watched the same segment last night. I also remember Joe saying to Donald on a phone interview that Putin kills journalist that don’t agree with him and Donald replying with “At least he’s a leader”.

1 Like