Discussion: Pastor Storms Out Of Interview Over Questions On Falsified Biography Details (VIDEO)

1 Like

Jeeze dude, come clean.

Everyone knows you’re a fucking liar.

26 Likes

What an obvious liar.
However, if this story accurately reflects what he said about military service, being a member of the National Guard is no different from the Army Reserves. Both are military units and both are subject to call up, active duty service, etc. In fact, lots and lots of troops on duty now in Afghanistan are actually Guard or Reserve members. Perhaps he’s a member of some state guard, which would be different.

It rings hollow when it takes so long and a public outing before you come clean about resume inflation.
Attempting to play the race card won’t work here because it turns out that perhaps you support Trump because you are both liars and con men, no?

31 Likes

I must say that Donald’s assemblage of TV, dare I say, race traitor surrogates looks to have briefly emptied the carni side shows, pawn shops and betting parlors of our nation…

22 Likes

“Carnies” was my thought too. Cheap, tacky, worthless grifters the lot of them.

15 Likes

Well come on folks, it’s obvious – the interview was clearly racist.

10 Likes

I do feel sorry for this little guy, obviously in way over his head like so many little guys churning in The Donald’s life wake…

14 Likes

Didn’t TPM already run this story a few days ago?

10 Likes

When confronted, liars often run. No news here.

8 Likes

Once again, Trump does zero background checks, and it took the media this long to do a simple one itself. How many times has this guy gone up to speak on behalf of Trump in argued against people who actually have done something in their lives.

17 Likes

“As a young man starting my church in Greenville, South Carolina, I overstated several details of my biography because I was worried I wouldn’t be taken seriously as a new pastor,” he said in the statement to CNN.

In short, he was worried that no one would take his fake doctor of divinity degree seriously if it was known that he hadn’t even graduated from college. I mean, what’s the point in being a “pastor” if you can’t tell a few fibs now and then. Obviously this guy missed his calling – should have been a fake lawyer instead of a fake preacher. Still, I can see how he ended up on the list to speak at the Trump national convention.

25 Likes

This is the guy who gave a prayer at the RNC, right??
Come on, this is beyond pathetic.
He’s just a chump. Trump’s team is to blame.

19 Likes

“This is not fair at all,” Burns later said. “I thought you were going to do a profile and all of a sudden you’re here to try to destroy my character.”

You mean the interviewer was asking questions and expecting truthful answers? You don’t have any character to destroy, you hypocritical grifter. He’s yet another phony preacher who sucks money out of his followers by telling them fairy tales. You have shown the world who and what you are, sir, now how about owning up to it?

10 Likes

“Jesus is my co-pilot! You cannot harm me! That ol’ devil LIEbuuural’ media is trying to destroy God’s child! I know how to respond to all that factual and truthy’ stuff they are digging up to ruin my good and godly character.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…Excuse me! Jesus is calling…”

9 Likes

His effectiveness as a surrogate for Trump was already questionable at best.

3 Likes

Trump’s chump.

7 Likes

Ummm… No. The National Guard and Army reserves are not the same thing. While both are services, one is Federal and one is State. They have different missions and different training standards.

And even if that were not the case any soldier knows the differene. It would be like someone in the Air Force saying they were in the Marines…

16 Likes

What is this clip from? Whatever it is, it suits this situation well.

2 Likes

But the silly rubes who follow this charlatan will provide him with plenty of “Christian forgiveness” and a pay boost, no doubt.

4 Likes