Discussion for article #226182
Zionism has failed. The entire Jewish population of Israel should emigrate to the United States.
I don’t know why the UN, the British, and the Americans could not see what a mistake they were making by forcing a Jewish state in the Middle East. It had been 2,500 - 2,700 years since they had controlled ancient Israel, or occupied it. Some Jews were living in Palestine before the partition without a lot of fuss.They should’ve proposed a Jewish state in Palestine and when the Arabs went nuts, drawn up a UN enforced guarantee of Jewish right to peacefully coexist there as in the past. And to also have access to all their holy sites till the end of time. Then, a Jewish state should have been created near the Ukraine - Poland border. They are big enough so that a Jewish state slightly smaller than New Jersey would’ve been doable. 90% of all world Jews are Ashkenazi and have deeper roots in this region. Hell, the USSR at the time was about the same size as the entire continent of North America, a little spot of land should’ve been doable. Half a million Jews fought in the Red Army against Germany,160,000 of whom received medals for their bravery and their service. Damn the Zionists,a tiny smidgen of the USSR empire should’ve been pushed for.
Israel’s 1948 founding was steeped in bloodshed and injustice. Germany cannot deny the holocaust any more than Israel can deny Nakba. I doubt there will ever be peace for Israel or that its current regime even wants peace.
I was vaccinated against polio in 1959 or 1960 thanks to Jonas Salk, a selfless Jew who saved me and other millions from polio. I’m not anti-Semitic because I don’t approve of Israel’s illegal, immoral occupation, or their recent extreme right-wing turn. I’m just tired of hearing of the continual hate and bloodshed on both sides without an end in sight.