Discussion: Overwhelmed Border Patrol Orders Quick Releases Of Families

I believe it was Trump who said yesterday that machine guns would be useful at the border.

So why Kirstjen was stonewalling in Congressional testimonies why wasn’t she asking Congress for help? I honestly believe that she can’t correctly assess any situation and make plans accordingly.
And during the time of Sessions and Whitaker were either of them trying to get more immigration judges?
And where was Hannity in all of this? How many times did he represent that he talked with Border officials.

So the Trump administration was focused on only one thing, and planning is definitely not one of them.

1 Like

He spent two years trying to build a wall and yet these people are comming in where the walls are built.

To partly solve the immigration problem we should be involved with Central American problems. Poverty, Crime, Politics, Economy.

You are so right. Yesterday NPR had a very good story on this crisis. The statistics, arguments, and plea from the authorities was all there. If there is any leadership at all out there… Dem or Repub… they should be picking up the ball and running with it. New legislation is absolutely necessary. The simpleton "wall " solution is not the answer.

In other news, authorities report the overall US crime rate is down yet again this year. Agencies blame the influx of women and children at the southern border.

Simple answers for simple minds.

1 Like

There is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

– H. L. Mencken

They say they are overwhelmed but are actually processing fewer than they have in the past. So is it overwhelmed due to ineptitude or that staff has been tasked to harass far from borders. I believe the latter. Around here in East TN a 40 year old Mexican restaurant closed because they lost business due to INS showing up weekly during their normal busiest periods. They would harass the staff and customers until people stopped going.