Discussion: Outgoing Speaker John Boehner: 'I Leave With No Regrets'

Discussion for article #242308

I wonder how Ryan feels about that steaming pile of immigration reform you left in the barn.

Seriously? No regrets? What person with a conscience in such an important role has no regrets?

1 Like

ā€œI leave with no regrets, no burdens,ā€ said Boehner.

No accomplishments, either.

5 Likes

Ryan planned to ask both parties for a period of healing and to focus on working families, said an aide who described the remarks on condition of anonymity ahead of the lawmaker’s acceptance speech.

What a steaming pile of crap! He’s already promised to abide by the Hastert rules. In effect, disenfranchising the Democrats. Not exactly the way to bring ideas forward and people together.

1 Like

ā€œI leave with no regrets, no burdens,ā€ said Boehner

He’s outdone Sinatra. Even Sinatra had a few regrets, though too few to mention.

2 Likes

Really ? No regrets? That makes one of you.

It sounds like Pelosi knows what a Ryan leadership will bring, more emphasis on privatizing, reducing, eliminating, and Democrats continuing to have to fight the efforts to do so. And back in Janesville they’re marveling over this

Ryan will become the House’s 54th speaker, putting him second in line to succeed the president,

1 Like

Frank wouldn’t have cleaned the barn, he paid people to do shit work. I also love the ā€œhealingā€ and ā€œworking familiesā€ blather, makes me feel warm all over.

1 Like

I believe Paul Ryan simply lacks the chops for the job. Outside of responsibility-free boilerplate, and disastrous budget schemes that have never been implemented, what does he offer?

2 Likes

There was one accomplishment, although unintended. His so-called leadership gave Maddow great material to create the Boner-is-bad-at-his-job hypothesis. She’s done the same for how bad John Ellis is as a candidate, and now there’ll be another opportunity to create a similar Ryan hypothesis. Give it a few months.

1 Like

ā€œI leave with no regretsā€

Or accomplishments.

1 Like

He offers the blue print to destroy the middle class in his Path to Prosperity Budget. Whose path to prosperity is clear and it ain’t mine or yours.

Outgoing Speaker John Boehner: ā€˜I Leave With No Regrets’
…
I can think of several, not the least of which you handed the gavel to the minority faction (crazy caucus) of the GOP. John I hope you aren’t depenting on that Social Security check like me cuz its future is looking bleak.

ā€œI leave with no regrets, no burdens,ā€ said Boehner, R-Ohio
…

Does that mean somebody else is gonna be carrying yer stuff outta yer office when you leave?
And he retires on Halloween … somehow that seems appropriate.