Discussion: Off-Duty Cop Accidentally Shoots Roommate In Head While Showing Off New Gun

Discussion for article #231857

Was his name Barney Fife? Sheriff Andy told him to keep that bullet in his pocket.

6 Likes

““He had just purchased a new revolver that day and was showing it to his roommate, but it accidentally discharged, striking the roommate in the head,” Rankin County Chief Investigator Raymond Duke said, according to the Mississippi newspaper.”

Gotta love that phrasing. “Accidentally discharged” all by itself, eh? And the irresponsible idiot holding it had nothing to do with it? It’s no wonder unarmed citizens can get shot 14 times by the cops- the guns make them do it!

12 Likes

You can’t tell about them guns…

They just can’t be trusted.

2 Likes

How come off-duty police officers always have the on-duty Police speak for them? If I commit a crime, the place I work for will never speak up for me.

3 Likes

An off-duty police officer in Brandon, Mississippi accidentally shot his roommate in the head Wednesday night

and, FUNRA

In a press conference reflecting on last week’s massacre in Newtown, Conn., the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre today called on Congress to put armed law enforcement agents in every American school, insisting that guns in schools – not tougher gun laws – would most effectively protect children from school shootings.

6 Likes

Shot in the head and he’s in stable condition? And this other lame brain who shot her husband in the chest when he was bringing home a “special breakfast” but didn’t turn off the alarms? And he’s in good condition? Where are they buying these guns–the Dollar Mart?

2 Likes

Connersville, Indiana Police Chief David Counceller was shopping for a new handgun last year when he unintentionally discharged his service Glock handgun.
…In 1999, Counceller also unintentionally shot himself.  “I was working third shift as a captain,” he explains. “I was unloading [the gun] to take it to the gunsmith and I didn’t drop the barrel to see if there was [a bullet] in the chamber. The shot hit my hand. That one really hurt.”
http://ohhshoot.blogspot.com/2015/01/police-chief-unintentionally-shoots.html

and, FUNRA

LaPierre called on Congress to put a police officer in every school in America

1 Like

Cool. He didn’t just show his roommate what the gun looked like, he showed him what it could do.

2 Likes

'“Well you see, Ange, this here is a double-action revolver. You just cock it like this see…oops!”

In the Officer’s defense, his roommate had his hands in the air, which likely added to the confusion.

10 Likes

Its the Brotherhood of the Traveling Blue Pants.

1 Like

Next time somebody wants to show you there new gun.
politely decline, less painful. or knock before entering your own home and holler your name and ss number.
You never know which door will win you a surprise.

An armed society is a polite society.

2 Likes

How do those things accidentally discharge? Do bullets just spontaneously go off if you tilt them wrong? Do triggers just suddenly depress themselves?

I had a cap gun when I was little. That had a trigger and gunpowder… it NEVER went off accidentally.

How does it happen?

3 Likes

How else was he to know fer sure that his new gun worked?

2 Likes

OMG. That made me howl!!

gunhumpers just love to have it both ways with their rhetoric. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people… but more guns will keep us safer, says Wayne LaPierre. How will they do that? I have been told a million times over that guns are just inanimate objects.

Oh and there’s an advertising poster at transit stops all around our town that says in big, bold letters GUNS SAVE LIVES. Um, no, people save lives.

This dipshit’s gun went off accidentally? No, he handled it negligently and it went off. If gunhumpers are going to enforce political correctness regarding all discourse surrounding firearms, then let’s be consistent.

who’s going to pay the roommate’s hospital bills? I’m serious, how does that work? If the roommate has health insurance, then I guess the insurance will pay. But would they then go after the shooter? Or the police dept? If he doesn’t have health insurance, then what? The hospital hounds the victim and victim has to sue the shooter in court?

This is another reason why gun owners should be required to have liability insurance.

4 Likes

Definitely an accident, otherwise he would’ve been shot in the back.

1 Like