Discussion: Obama's WH Photographer Takes Another Jab At Trump Admin On Instagram

1 Like

Souza isn’t only terrific at his primary job as photographer, but he is also a very effective political “commentator.” Carry on, Pete.

25 Likes

I also liked Josh’s post about what happened today. Exactly right.

4 Likes

Mr.Souza, please keep this up. Nothing seems to get under Trump’s skin more than for him to be compared unfavorably to President Obama. It seems to drive the Drumpf to distraction, and it also reminds the country, and the world for that matter, about how good we had it for eight years.

23 Likes

Souza’s photographs as White House photographer were a highlight of the Obama years.

13 Likes

You notice today that Trump boastfully crowed that America finally had a real President, right? What a joke.

7 Likes

Souza always gets to the essential truth, whether through his lens or his words!

9 Likes

Hope he has a good body guard.

Not joking.

3 Likes

Not only do I still love the guy’s photos he took throughout the Obama years, I love his right hooks and his understated chutzpah.

Pete Souza is a modern day visionary…You almost have to be, to be as good a photographer as he is. Trump has nothing like that going for him…but then again, Trump doesn’t feel he owes any American an ounce of transparency.

13 Likes

Souza took the best presidential photographs I’ve seen. He’s wonderful and I do love it that he is doing this.

Somebody needs to publicly start saying that kicking the press out of the White House doesn’t make him strong, it makes him a chickenshit little bitch.

Real OGs don’t talk about it all the time.

17 Likes

Souza has eyes like a bird of prey. No wonder he’s so good.

6 Likes

I haven’t forgotten that for one minute since 12 noon on 1/20/17…

16 Likes

Trump’s Seven Techniques to Control the Media
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2016
Technique number two:

Blacklist critical media. During the campaign, Trump blacklisted news outlets whose coverage he didn’t approve of. In June he pulled The Washington Post’s credentials. “Based on the incredibly inaccurate coverage and reporting of the record setting Trump campaign, we are hereby revoking the press credentials of the phony and dishonest Washington Post,” read a post on Trump’s Facebook page.

After the election Trump agreed to meet with the New York Times and then suddenly cancelled the meeting when he didn’t like the terms, tweeting “Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!” (He then reversed himself again and met with the Times.)

4 Likes

Sousa had an eye for portraying this historic President. It probably helped that President Obama is quite photogenic. A smile to capture all hearts!

5 Likes

The new TPM policy of only showing a little slot of the article with 80% blocked by a subscriber plea is entirely noxious. I made a major contribution to Washington Monthly because I check it out all the time for its intelligent commentary and also consistently intelligent discussions by the readers. This did not require torturing the reader into forking over the bucks.

I will not contribute to TPM given this tactic. I suggest other readers here give up and check out other online sources like Washington Monthly, and contribute there.

1 Like

Why is there a picture of Al Bundy at the top?

Huh?

I’m not a subscriber and I’m pretty sure I saw it all. It’s only five paragraphs long.

2 Likes

Pete Souza knew he was photographing the real deal.

Knows it now, more than ever.

6 Likes

I’m a subscriber, and I don’t know what you are referring to. TPM isn’t showing just a “little slot” at all.

Nice plug for Washington Monthly, if a bit transparent.

1 Like

Me too, and I’m a subscriber, so I’m wondering why the comment about about “The new TPM policy”