Discussion: Obama Takes Aim At Trump Proposal: 'We Can't Hide Behind A Wall'

2 Likes

As much as I like Obama, he’s not being forceful enough. Then again this is his personality.

1 Like

Cue the GOP: ‘GWBush didn’t say anything after HE left office! Why is Obama speaking out? NO FAIR!!!’ I can hear the whining through the ‘tubes’…

6 Likes

Those thoughtful, complete sentences… :persevere:

24 Likes

Why is a Kenyan Mooslim expressing such Christian concepts? Weird…

11 Likes

@spencersmom

Looks like “YouAgain?” :expressionless:

4 Likes

Go away.

Love your very special new title, though. @publishermike has got your number and it’s zero.

18 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes

not-so-oblique jabs

Trashed nearly every time Trump opens his fat yap, Mr. Obama would be better served offering a left hook and an open hand slap or two.
This “oblique” stuff merely reinforces Trump’s brainless bravado with the pictogram set.

President Obama does not get physical in his criticisms of political leaders including orange who could use a virtual left hook or something, but you’re mistaken that orange is listening to what Obama says and that you would then praise the advice given by a troll.

6 Likes

Reminiscing on all those "scandals " of the Obama White House…
Took his jacket off in the Oval Office
Saluted with a cup of coffee in his hand
Solyndra
IRS
Fast and furious

Quaint times indeed

11 Likes

Don’t forget wearing a tan suit. One of his more heinous crimes.

5 Likes

31st iteration :joy:

This user is suspended until October 10, 2044 11:00am.
Reason: 31st iteration of troll.

9 Likes

LOL; I was wondering about the “troll” next to his/her name!

4 Likes

And those scandalous bare arms of Michelle!!!

4 Likes

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

3 Likes

You’re mistaken that I suggested Trump would listen to Mr. Obama.
The world listens to Mr. Obama and a verbal left hook would play.
I do not have an immediate understanding of who is a troll or who is not. I simply go with the words on screen.

Bare arms indeed

5 Likes

I so miss him…

6 Likes

I really don’t get the “Obama is not forceful/mean/mad” enough comments. He really doesn’t need to be. He stated his position on the wall and that’s pretty much his position. He doesn’t really need to name names or be nasty about it. Everyone pretty much knows the people who support building a wall and Pres. Obama is stating that is not the answer. Why is there a need to say more? If he attacks Trump as some are salivating he should do, the narrative changes and Pres. Obama’s argument will get lost. The focus will then be something else; like why is Obama attacking Trump, why can’t he retire and let Trump do his job, they’ll say Bush left Obama alone and why can’t Obama do the same for Trump and on and on. Pres. Obama is being subtle enough to where he stated his position on the wall leaving other people argue the merits of his position instead of Trump vs Obama like a lot of people are salivating for. I think - as a statesman - this is the right tact. Other folks can get down in the weeds if they want and attack Trump over it.

Pres. Obama is using the right approach and to be honest I would be disappointed in him otherwise. He’s proven time and time again that he knows how things will play out and has learned by past experiences accordingly. Among the many other things, he’s way better than Trump on this.

I really don’t understand why people even need Pres. Obama to say this anyway. Can’t folks have their own opinion and express it outright? Why does Pres. Obama still need to hold everyone’s hand still? Hell, the fact that Trump is in office despite Pres Obama campaigning against him being elected in the first place shows people will do/think whatever the fuck they want to.

10 Likes