Discussion: Obama Shares Best Advice He Received From George W. Bush

1 Like

and the most important
Never Get Involved in a Land War in Asia

32 Likes

Concern trolling Dumbya?

1 Like

I wish Bush had not trusted himself and not used the hand sanitizer. I dont know why someone who was such an abject failure in everything he touched, is asked advice about anything.

5 Likes

“Trust yourself. I did, and look where that’s got us.”

5 Likes

I didn’t think history would remember W very fondly.
And then Trump happened.

28 Likes

The american people want their president to succeed but the republican party didn’t. TFIFY

19 Likes

Except Dubya drinks the Purell®…

12 Likes

Keep a copy of “My Pet Goat” with you at all times and extra underwear didn’t make the cut?

Or how about PDBs are useless, safe to ignore?

6 Likes

The Republican party didn’t want the president to succeed primarily because the president is black. Or as a Northern Virginia lawyer and Teabagger activist said when asked what it was about the president that he did not like, “It’s not just because he’s black…” (as originally quoted from the Washington Post).

17 Likes

Don’t tell small fibs. If you’re going to lie to the American people, make sure it’s a big one – a real whopper. That’s where Bill Clinton made his mistake.

10 Likes

The Bush family probably wants the president of whichever party to succeed. But the VAST majority of Republicans, most especially practically every ELECTED Republican does not. Elected Republicans put special interests and their party before their nation. There is conclusive evidence of this. VP nominee Pence identified himself as “A Christian, a Conservative and a Republican in that order” to rapturous applause at the convention. Please note that “American” did not make the top three. Republican priorities were revealed quite clearly.

26 Likes

That was Dubya deep thinking right there.
No international diplomacy ideas or hints about the economy, healthcare, immigration and so on.
Just use hand soap and fight the urge to doubt yourself. George the dumber obviously had feelings of inadequacy and rightly so and as a compulsive hand washer, he subconsciously was trying to wash away guilt.

I’m pretty sure that Obama had the ability to figure those things out, they are elementary. The untold advice or, known unknown, was never hire a VP named Dick and then let him pull your strings for 1 and a 1/2 terms of your Presidency.

Oh, and always paint your toes in the morning while they are fresh!

6 Likes

I guess Bush ran out of Purell.

2 Likes

Good catch! Not a word about being an American.

7 Likes

Right, bardi. If he continued his list, it would probably be “A gun-owner, a pro-lifer, a climate change denier, a Creationist…” Doubtful that “American” would make the Top Ten.

4 Likes

I can’t believe I’m saying this but compared to Donnie Drumpf, GWB is starting to look like Mahatma Gandhi.

10 Likes

Frightening. Republicans don’t believe in evolution and they have done everything they can to disprove it…Reagan…Quayle…Palin…W…Trump!

3 Likes

The lowest common denominator can always be lower, given a chance.

6 Likes

Republican Dick Cheney to Democrat Pat Leahy, June 22, 2004: “Go f-ck yourself.”
Republican John Boehner to Democrat Harry Reid, January 1, 2013: “Go f-ck yourself.”
The Republican Party to the United States of America, EVERY day: “Go f-ck yourself.”

17 Likes