Discussion: Obama Responds To Baton Rouge Shooting Of Police Officers

And sadly once again, cue the Fraternal Order of Police (a right-wing organization that is never identified as such by the media) soon to issue some sort of statement that the President did not say enough to support the police in 3…2…1. I am almost certain some news outlets tomorrow will say something to the effect that “Some are saying the president did not respond strongly enough to the shootings in Baton Rouge…” while also failing to bother to quote from the President at all.

4 Likes

We’ll miss this man who could never have planned to spend so much time during his presidency on extending condolences, condemning violence, even crying, but instead planned on talking about all the legislation that he sent to Congress that was passed and would have made this a better country…

8 Likes

The Cleveland police union president is exactly why cops get called “pigs”. He IS a pig. And obviously a bald-faced racist. According to him, there is no police killing that is unjustified. And, of course, the African American President Obama is at fault. Loathsome POS. He gives all law enforcement officers a bad name.

1 Like

President Obama has more class, character and dignity in one cell than that pig, the Cleveland police union president, has in his entire grotesque body.

2 Likes

Now we have to figure out how this statement doesn’t support the police.

2 Likes

He is like no other that’s come before or will ever come again. No scandals in his administration, a man who freely shows his love for his daughters and wife and made it plain that he wanted to be the father to his girls that he never had, who urges us constantly to do better because he knows we can. He’s been a model of class and dignity from day one.

@ronbyers Somewhere in Cleveland an ammosexual is working on it.

9 Likes

Amen. Top tiers of presidents. Best in my lifetime. And I am most assuredly not young. A class act in every way. We will miss him terribly and owe him an enormous debt of gratitude. And apologies.

8 Likes

What the President said: "I condemn, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge. "

What Republicans heard: “I endorse, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge and elsewhere. Oh, and Michelle would like to add, ‘Kill whitey!’”

3 Likes

That and “he didn’t really mean it.”

1 Like

I think it was either the crossed fingers behind his back, or the cuff links with the Quranic verse he wears even to bed.

1 Like

I get the feeling every day is Groundhog Day anymore. What day is this anyhow? Yesterday? 2 days ago? Tomorrow? Yes.

1 Like

Cue scum like Texas’ Lt. Gov. saying this is all President Obama’s fault for not somehow ,eating it when he says magic words to make cops not “feel it in their hearts” in 3… 2… 1…

1 Like