Discussion: Obama Pays Tribute To Dallas Officers Slain In 'Act Of Racial Hatred'

I’m sorry I missed all of Obama’s speechifying at the murders of 100s of black men in the recent past, lamenting the racial hatred manifested by out of control police at those 100s of funerals.

http://www.indiewire.com/2014/12/president-obamas-first-network-interview-on-deaths-of-eric-garner-mike-brown-tamir-rice-worldwide-protests-goes-to-bet-watch-preview-156770/

and in case you are wondering how I came upon these:

18 Likes

Dude… you need to get laid. By an actual human this time.

17 Likes

What stupidity! I do not expect nor do I want the president to go around the country giving speeches at the funerals of every black man killed by police. He simply does not have time nor would it be appropriate, particularly before a formal investigation has even begun.

14 Likes

I don’t believe we’ll have another president in my lifetime with the decency, kindness, and goodness of this man’s heart.

48 Likes

I grew up in a family that believed you shouldn’t broach certain subjects for fear of setting off a big conflict. And it took me a long time to see how it’s almost always hugely helpful to just clear the air. So it strikes close to home for me when I see Obama, who pointedly didn’t make race a central theme in his Presidency, show us all how you can talk honestly about this stuff without the world coming to an end. And this upcoming election will, in many ways, be a kind of showdown between Trump’s fear and hatred on the one hand and Obama’s courage, love, and simple human decency on the other. And I think just maybe Obama will be seen in years to come as someone who showed the way forward. Wishful thinking, maybe, but that’s what I think.

46 Likes

I know this breaks Obama’s heart. You can see his anguish.

22 Likes

Don’t be stupid. IF you want to wallow in your OWN victimhood go somewhere else. The President has given WAY too many of these speeches…black AND white which is kind of the whole problem.

15 Likes

“Act of racial hatred”

OMG…black racism…why won’t he say “black racism”…herpa derpa something something argle bargle!!!

9 Likes

Completely wasted advice. It doesn’t do any good to tell the stupid not to be stupid. There is no cure for stupid.

12 Likes

Ahem (clears throat). Anyone like you, who thinks that giving a moving tribute to those Dallas officers somehow puts him on the side against young black men who have been needlessly extinguished by bad cops needs to (1) re-evaluate your existence on that planet–not ours–upon which you are living, (2) re-evaluate whether it is appropriate for the leader of the free world to attend “100s of funerals”, and (3) print out your comment, fold it five times, and stick it where the sun don’t shine.

12 Likes

You probably think he should discuss “Radical Islamic terrorism,” too.

When you get on his speechwriting staff, you can make suggestions.

4 Likes

??? Just too blinded by your own pre-judgment to hear him?

2 Likes

You are the biggest piece of slimy shit. You have surpassed even the worst of the worst Darcy. You must live a miserable fucking life to be such a scum bag.

4 Likes

Amen and hallelujah to that.

2 Likes

I watched every second of this speech and anyone who can take away anything but positive is beyond my comprehension

14 Likes

I am going to miss having an adult in the room. Nobody says it better. Thanks Mr. President.

19 Likes

I hear you.

10 Likes

A great speech, full of biblical allusions, compassion, and the quest for justice.

12 Likes