Discussion: Obama: I'd Make The Bergdahl Prisoner Swap Again (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #223639

Don’t back down, Mr. President.

24 Likes

And he won’t back down, and he won’t back down.

And I love my President

20 Likes

Rational and humane, in equal measure. As always. The complete antithesis of every GOP Congressperson.

18 Likes

spineless coward dems need to get behind this and stop feeding the rethug narrative. its depressing to be a dem/progressive sometimes.

9 Likes

The “not being able to try them” is key here. This is the correct approach since Congress has abdicated governing.

11 Likes

Isn’t he though. He makes me so proud everyday. He is a once in a lifetime and I am so happy I lived long enough to witness it and have him as my President.

He is a good and decent man with a level of integrity I haven’t seen in anyone (especially a President)

15 Likes

I so agree. The Dems called me for money yesterday and I told them NO. Because of what you just said and the fact that they never have his back and leave him out to dry on almost every instance. Fuck them. I will vote for the dens but I am not given them as a block money. I will give to some individuals but not the party

7 Likes

I hope that military families take note of which party, when push comes to shove, is willing to actually stand up for our servicemen, and which party exploits them for photo-ops and plays politics with them.

23 Likes

well put and so true.

2 Likes

The only political process more interesting than the GOP attacking the Prez for bringing back Bergdahl after slamming him for months for not doing it, is their scrubbing of praise for the poor sergeant now that he’s free.

If the Dems were smart they’d play up the conservative flip flops … but the ones running for Congress will play nice instead :sigh:

3 Likes

Pure trolling. He knows the Sunday shows will run this clip tomorrow to draw reactions from the usual Sunday Show Sociopaths and that they won’t have a clue how much damage they’ll do to themselves.

Update: I have no idea how the hell this ended up as a reply to a post to which is it totally OT, but my experience with trying to delete and repost is such that I’m just leaving it.

13 Likes

your take is right 99.9% of the time.

2 Likes

Leave no man behind.

If he is guilty of dereliction of duty or desertion deal with that after you get him back.

The President did the right thing.

11 Likes

Why does the President hate “swift boating inbred red stater gunbilly tea creatins”? Why?

8 Likes

The Taliban are only too eager to work with you again.

From Time, “A Taliban commander close to the negotiations over the release of U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl told TIME Thursday that the deal made to secure Bergdahl’s release has made it more appealing for fighters to capture American soldiers and other high-value targets.”

At least we’re not emboldened our enemies.

Oh, *please *impeach the President, you Teabagger pig’s vulvae! I will relish your slow decline in the polls…

I love how you love him and who wouldn’t. .

1 Like

I have the sense but not based on any empirical knowledge that more people support the President’s efforts to bring home an American soldier than do not. The haters are loud and their megaphones are cranked up to 11, but the silent majority just know it’s the honorable action to take and perhaps don’t recognize the ulterior motives of the screamers.

3 Likes

It’s a sad commentary on our society that such an article or interview should even be necessary.

2 Likes