Discussion: Obama: Clinton Made Mistake With Emails; Security Not Endangered

Discussion for article #241654

I run a few very inconsequential servers (information wise) in my day job - I got news for you - they are always under attack from China, Ukraine, Germany, etc. Anything public facing is always under attack. It’s usually just a bunch of scripts looking for known exploits. Under attack is meaningless information. Only important if it’s compromised.

17 Likes

What has happened to journalism generally and 60 Minutes in particular? I thought Crofts was rude and disrespectful in his questioning. The questions asked where ok (although not particularly insightful) but his demeanor was baligerant and unprofessional by past standards.

8 Likes

Oh yeah what about the time he grilled Bush and then Cheney about lying us into a war that cost thousands of American and Iraqi lives…
Oh Wait…never mind…
Darn LIBRUL Press

13 Likes

I watched every second of the interview and this was just one small aspect of the conversation. Croft was rude acting all concerned and asking long involved questions especially about foreign policy. At one point after one of those long,involved questions the president was attempting to answer and Croft chimed in that the president was filibustering. Obama put him in his place and said if you are going to ask long involved questions hen you will get long involved answers To appreciate the depth of this president one must watch the entire interview. I am so proud of this President

17 Likes

It’s probably, in part, a product of the real media going noticeably out of their way to appear like they’ve got an underlying seething rage for Obama/Democrats for the fear they’d be accused of liberal bias.

5 Likes

He can.

2 Likes

He was definitely rude and disrespectful to the President. Talking over him, criticizing his answers, and just generally repeating all the Fox News/RNC talking points, without any evidence of self-awareness or journalistic credibility.

8 Likes

Kroft is a gop/bag talking point shill.

Look how easy it was for our President to bitch slap him to the curb!

*"Steve Kroft: He’s challenging your leadership, Mr. President. He’s challenging your leadership–

President Barack Obama: Well Steve, I got to tell you, if you think that running your economy into the ground and having to send troops in in order to prop up your only ally is leadership, then we’ve got a different definition of leadership. My definition of leadership would be leading on climate change, an international accord that potentially we’ll get in Paris. My definition of leadership is mobilizing the entire world community to make sure that Iran doesn’t get a nuclear weapon. And with respect to the Middle East, we’ve got a 60-country coalition that isn’t suddenly lining up around Russia’s strategy. To the contrary, they are arguing that, in fact, that strategy will not work."*

There, take that gop/bag shill!!

12 Likes

That’s because he’s a two-bit gop/bag shill.

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s use of a private email server to conduct government business when she served as secretary of state was a mistake but didn’t endanger national security, President Barack Obama said during an interview airing Sunday on CBS’s “60 Minutes.”

Of course, when he says “national security”, Barack HUSSEIN Obama means Kenyan national security, you know…

The job of journalists is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

It’s not to be polite.

I just wish they’d also be rude to the GOP.

3 Likes

Did you ever, ever see them grill a Republican like that?
Considering the fertile field with which they could have harvested any number of thoroughly embarrassing questions .
Damn Liberal Press

2 Likes

I just wish they’d also be rude to the GOP.

Maybe that’s because the GOP IS afflicted?

3 Likes

Actually, yes. I have. Sam Donaldson did so with some regularity.

More to the point, the presses of every real western democracy (vs. the oligarchy and Potemkin democracy that the US has become) are not as polite — as servile — as you would seem to prefer. Look at the press in England, in France, in Spain. Even in Germany.

Politics and journalism should be contact sports.

3 Likes

Agree. In fact, there have been serious data breaches on government servers in the last 6 years, but none on Clinton’s email server, probably because it was under closer scrutiny by a private firm.

I’ve worked on quite a few federal contracts using their systems and there are massive security holes everywhere. Hillary’s emails were probably safer on her own server.

5 Likes

well played.

1 Like

Was just going to write, “Yes…yes, he could.”

1 Like

Yes, Kroft was really annoying and Obama patiently handled him. The first question by Kroft was really a long lecture on how Obama is weak and perceived as not being a leader, etc, etc., the entire Republican laundry list of false talking points. Obama finally stopped him and said “Is there a question in there?”

Kroft interrupted multiple times and adopted an argumentative, accusatory tone, which Obama let roll off his back as he answered completely and cogently. I noticed that as Kroft got nasty, Obama’s tone got less friendly and more commanding. Pitch perfect.

3 Likes

Agree that journalists should ask tough questions - the ones we would ask him ourselves, given the opportunity.

However, at times Kroft’s interview took on a Bill O’Reilly demeanor, loud and accusatory, framing overly long lectures as “questions,” then interrupting repeatedly. I got the impression Kroft was trying to manufacture juicy on-screen moments. At other times, he was more professional, asking detailed questions and drilling down for precise answers, in a calm direct manner, and as I’d expect a good interviewer to do.

4 Likes