Discussion: NYT: State Dept., National Security Council Surprised By Trump's Duterte Invite

1 Like

Donald J. Trump, ever the dickhead!

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s disgraceful, but I’m not sure how much of a bully pulpit we had left.

13 Likes

Why should they be surprised? Duterte and leaders like him are roll models and heroes to Trump

12 Likes

The State Department needs to get on board with the “strongman love”

2 Likes

Looks like Trump has a new hero. I can here him now, “President Duterte is a man who knows how to lead!”

4 Likes

This dangerously incompetent moron already thinks he’s the dictator. Better hope Comey is really on the ball.

6 Likes

What was that Trump said about HIS SUPPORTERS ?

“Trump: I could ‘shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters’”

He’s showing that in this move.That’s another reason he can’t grow his base.

7 Likes

Wannabe dictator’s gotta dictate.

13 Likes

“Trump uses spiritualist medium to contact long dead Adolf Hitler to seek advice on immigration. Surprises Dept. Of Homeland Security.”

12 Likes

“If he says great things about me, I’m going to say great things about him” ~ Trump

9 Likes

China to Duterte: We’ll overlook your human rights violations.
Trump: Overlook? I’ll celebrate them with a ticker-tape parade and the greatest chocolate cake you’ve ever had in your life.

9 Likes

I doubt that the Philippines would even be on Trump’s radar were it not for the fact that Trump’s business partner there is Duterte’s trade envoy to the U.S.

This isn’t about human rights. It’s about business, Trump’s business, the stuff he was supposed to step away from while president.

21 Likes

20 Likes

11 Likes

There’s no defending that.

2 Likes

Trump declares May: Dictator Appreciation Month.

Donald Trump: N Korea’s Kim Jong-un a 'smart cookie’

President Trump, asked what he made of the North Korean leader, answered:
"People are saying: ‘Is he sane?’ I have no idea… but he was a young man of 26 or 27… when his father died. He’s dealing with obviously very tough people, in particular the generals and others.
“And at a very young age, he was able to assume power. A lot of people, I’m sure, tried to take that power away, whether it was his uncle or anybody else. And he was able to do it. So obviously, he’s a pretty smart cookie.”

5 Likes

Exactly! And, hard as it is, we must always keep in mind that little Donnie is primarily looking out for little Donnie’s business.

6 Likes

Man, you’re scoring big informationally this AM. I forgot about the Tower in Manila.
There’s a PM coming your way. Not high priority–just interesting.

2 Likes

You have very succinctly described Trump’s foreign policy—and domestic policy for that matter.

3 Likes