Discussion: NYT: Sessions And Kushner 'Turf War' Led To Federal Prison Director’s Resignation

1 Like

Portraying Sessions and Kushner as two sides of the Republican spectrum on prison policy — Sessions leaning far to the right and Kushner advocating for limited reforms centered on incentivizing rehabilitation post-sentencingthe Times said Inch “tried to navigate a middle course.”

So … they’re playing “give 'em an inch and they’ll take a mile” with live Inches?

7 Likes

“…Sessions leaning far to the right and Kushner advocating for limited reforms…”

Clearly, Jared sees exactly where he and his father-in-law are headed.

(And, apparently, Sessions does too!)

34 Likes

“One inch at a time.”
“An inch in time saves nine”.

3 Likes

Sessions leaning far to the right and Kushner advocating for limited reforms centered on incentivizing rehabilitation post-sentencing

I can certainly understand why Kushner might be particularly concerned with humane treatment of federal prisoners.

19 Likes

President Obama was working on prison reform esp. on behalf of some of the black men who were in prison for weed busts. He was making some progress, but then in came the admin. whose sole purpose is to undo everything Obama.

15 Likes

6 Likes

The Trump administration is a cancer on our country.

17 Likes

I loved this movie! What a great surprise it was. I think now it’s become this instant cult classic best watched at midnight in funky little theatres.

3 Likes

I’m itching to watch James Franco’s The Disaster Artist. I also recommend Rifftrax to improve the viewing.

Oh, hi Danny…

2 Likes

Jared has his clumsy fingers in every pie. I mean, Jeff Sessions is horrible, but what on earth is Jared Kushner doing working on prison reform?

14 Likes

Truth be told, they were fighting over accommodations. They both wanted a private room at ADX Florence.

Fun Fact: Every cell at ADX Florence is single occupancy.

11 Likes

The director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons resigned last week over what the New York Times said was his frustration with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and White House adviser Jared Kushner’s violations of “departmental norms.”

WTF?

Was Kushner demanding satin blinds and a hot tub for his suite at Leavenworh-A-Lago? A cushier mattress perhaps?

Crayons??

10 Likes

Like any good boy scout would do, he’s planning ahead.

11 Likes

Sessions “what we have here is a failure to communicate.”

5 Likes

the Times said Inch “tried to navigate a middle course.”

Sort of like falling halfway off a cliff.

5 Likes

Have you not seen it? I know “amazing” is overused, but it applies to this film. Nothing you know about the film prepares you for it.

2 Likes

I’m very perplexed about what kind of role Kushner has and how he is qualified to be handling “prison reform”? Isn’t this more of an issue that Congress should be addressing? What the hell is going on here? We didn’t elect Kushner to help make these kind of decisions and/or represent us in any way (nor Ivanka for that matter). This is all just seriously messed up! :angry:

6 Likes

Truth be told, prison reform is a natural extension of Kushner’s real task -Secretary for bribes and extortion. Seems a logical fit, no?

4 Likes

Flashdance?

1 Like