Discussion: NYT: Pruitt Had Gourmet Meal With Cardinal Accused Of Sexual Abuse

1 Like

He just wanted tips on fostering a corrupt culture.

10 Likes

To be fair to Pruitt… you cannot throw a rock in the Vatican without hitting a sexual abuser. That said, WTF he was doing in Italy on taxpayer money?

10 Likes

According to the Times’ documents, the EPA then put out four different versions of Pruitt’s schedule from that day, all of which omit Pell’s name.

That's understandable. Administration computers are programmed to filter out any reference to "Pell Grants" and Pruitt's itinerary inadvertently got swept up in the system.
4 Likes

Because, Of course he did

7 Likes

There is no such thing as sexual abuse in Trump World.

2 Likes

Or Paris. Or Morocco.

9 Likes

Sinners like hangin’ out with one another to exchange stories of their corruption…

2 Likes

I’m betting on the climate skeptic connection. The current pope is not crazy in that particular way, and appears to care about the hundreds of millions of people – many of them poor – whose lives will be endangered by climate change. So obviously the head of the US Environmental Protection Agency would want to meet with someone who could help him push back against that.

7 Likes

Pruitt deserves the Weekly Duke and Daily Dev.

5 Likes

This man is a comedy of the absurd. It’s like he’s playing Scandal Bingo.

I soon expect to hear he hired an embargoed Venezuelan printing company to fabricate fake registration stickers for his mistress’s underage son’s license plates for his gray-market Japanese import.

7 Likes

I have to admit Pruitt baffles me. He’s corrupt, we see that. But there’s always this childish, willful quality to it. Even his posture and many of his facial expressions seem oddly like those of an unpleasant and unintelligent child, awkward and generally resentful. Plus a lot of the things he does are just oddball weirdnesses, especially the strangely paranoid ones. What ails him? I really can’t make a theory.

15 Likes

Vacationing on the level fitting such an important person.

“After taking office last year, Pruitt drew up a list of at least a dozen countries he hoped to visit and urged aides to help him find official reasons to travel,”

11 Likes

Daily Dev. I like it.

2 Likes

The sheer impunity of a wealthy white man. Similar to Trump himself, but more neurotic and paranoid.

4 Likes

There is something else though, something really twisted.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m keying on. It’s very prominent in the mix.

2 Likes

I get it that he wants to live the good life, why didn’t he found a guy like Michael Cohen but competent, to sell access to Pruitt, corporations that want something done in the EPA to pay consulting fees to that guy, they will split the money later.

The only reason that Cohen got caught (and it may not be illegal at all) is that the lazy ass moron used the same shell company that he used for the Stormy Daniels settlement. Had the total asshole set up a different shell company in the Cayman Islands nobody would have ever known.

5 Likes

Note that one of these was sent from the EPA employee’s Gmail account.

2 Likes

Pruitt is turning out to be a bigger cartoon villain than Cheney. Is this a real person? It’s hard as hell to believe…

6 Likes