Discussion: NYT Investigation: Trump Engaged In 'Outright Fraud,' Helped Parents Evade Taxes

You must also know about Fred’s flirtation with the KKK in the Twenties in NY.

4 Likes

Imagine a train wreck.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wonder what the dinner conversations around race were in the Trump household.

2 Likes

He’s got serious problems when it comes to his love of money, it’s more like an illness.

5 Likes

Don’t be surprised if Harder goes after the Times on privacy or defamation claims.

The Times already responded to any defamation threats with a gleeful reminder that tax returns will be the first things to look at in the discovery process.

17 Likes

It’s a cynical, disbelieving bunch here who makes the mistake of listening too much to the trumpp bluster. NYT is in something of a competition with WaPo these days to expose more and juicier details of the trumpp crime family. Bravo.

7 Likes

The lower pie chart is missing a big slice for “Crime, Robbery and Theft.”

3 Likes

Fred was a tyrant who decided what family members would order in restaurants (among other dictatorial tendencies), and Mother Mary was a nonentity and had no influence on how the children were raised.

4 Likes

It’s going to happen.

2 Likes

Similar to Donnie’s getting two scoops of ice cream when everyone else only gets one.

1 Like

Ummm … I don’t!

3 Likes

Amen, Brother. If DJT had simply “cashed out” in 2004 and put his money in an S&P 500 mutual fund, he would be worth a LOT more money today.

If Fred were still alive, his biggest disappointment is what an absolute idiot Donald is with money. DJT may have inherited $1B from Fred, but he didn’t inherit one ounce of Fred’s ability to make money on his own. He is a joke and now a proven fraud. I hope he ends up in Riker’s Island with an ill- tempered cellmate.

7 Likes

This.

The Times is saying, “Please sue us because those boxes in the basement in Manhasset belonging to Trump’s cousin are now in our possession but if you want to give us more material…”

14 Likes

But, but Trump only commits the best fraud! The most awesomest, yuuuuugest, most amazing, beautiful fraud ever. People talk about how great his fraud is, they talk about it. It’s amazing, it’s YUUUGE!!

6 Likes

I thought about cracking a joke like “surely somebody will point out The Donald’s brilliant eleven-dimensional chess move of confessing to a million counts of tax fraud in order to distract from the SCOTUS news”, but I didn’t think anybody would even take the joke seriously.

Sigh.

Regarding this White House, and this crime family: these are not bright people, and things just kind of got out of hand.

11 Likes

Womp. Womp.

4 Likes

Rage tweet(y)

8 Likes

Maybe Trump will pay Harder to sue the NYT - but it would just be a spectacle that would have no legs at all in court.

As a public official, Trump has the least basis available for defamation claims. He would have to prove that the journalists acted with actual malice and that they knew the published claims were false or they acted with reckless disregard for the truth.

7 Likes

bushisms were so awful that a website which came up during his presidency is still up and running and amusing in an awful way.

https://www.dubyaspeak.com/

“SAWYER: Do you have one word for the Republican Party today? DUBYA: You will exist in the future.” (Apr. 24, 2013)

3 Likes

Chiselin’ Trump, to NYT reporter: “You’re asking about blackout tax fraud. I don’t know, have you?”

3 Likes