Discussion: NYT Investigation: Trump Engaged In 'Outright Fraud,' Helped Parents Evade Taxes

8 Likes

No body makes it on their own without a million dollar loan

8 Likes

ā€œIn every era of Mr. Trumpā€™s life, his finances were deeply intertwined with, and dependent on, his fatherā€™s wealth.ā€

In other words, Little Donnie never made a dime in his life.

His entire business plan consisted of emerging from an obscenely-rich womb.

Such a brilliant entrepreneur!

GOP Economics 101: Fraud, Lies, and The Accident of Birth.

60 Likes

And there still remains what the Times hasnā€™t seen:

ā€¦ the records do not include the presidentā€™s personal tax returns and reveal little about his recent business dealings at home and abroad,

19 Likes

The article is worth reading. Highly important.

This is what weā€™ve needed since 2016. Now we need more. Iā€™m very interested in seeing what those recent tax returns, those that fall within the statute of limitations, tell us about fraud (in addition to foreign money).

31 Likes

Us New Yorkers who have read the Village Voice and NY magazine have known about the Trump family grifterness for years.
If we could only have posthumous deportations where we could exhume Fred Trump and send him back to Germany.

16 Likes

And then the stable genius sells everything that made Fred mega wealthy and keeps his own super duper necktie business.

13 Likes

Fred was corrupt. The son is 10x the schemer, narcissist and liar. The recent personal returns are going to be Democrat gold.

9 Likes

My own old boss worked with Trump on the Grand Hyatt project and his Javits proposal. We knew what a scumbag he was decades ago as he stiffed us and kicked us to the curb. Wanting to continue working in NYC meant playing ball.

18 Likes

Does he have proof that he came from an obscenely-rich womb? Hell do we even know if he is a US citizen? Does he have proof-and in todayā€™s GOP a birth certificate just wonā€™t cut it.

11 Likes

ā€œIn every era of Mr. Trumpā€™s life, his finances were deeply intertwined with, and dependent on, his fatherā€™s wealth.ā€

Ouch.

This will not go unanswered.

30 Likes

Butā€¦but but no other president has "created 20 trillion dollars in ā€œwealthā€ā€¦not jobsā€¦not services or securityā€¦WEALTH which will remain in the hands of the 1% forom this day onā€¦

5 Likes

Or as Bill Maher wagered, does he have proof (and corroboration) that he is not the spawn of an orange haired orangutan?

7 Likes

trump probably giggled when romneys presidential run exploded with his ā€œ47%ā€ commentā€¦tic toc

11 Likes

love trotting this one out.

48 Likes

And five bankruptciesā€¦

11 Likes

After the recent trouble the NYT made for itself with running the anonymous op-ed and being a conduit for misinformation from the administration, forgive me if I have my doubts about their sourcing and methods.

Itā€™s great news, but I think iā€™ll wait on the celebration until someone a little more reliable confirms.

2 Likes

Oh pshaw, that only takes a simple DNA test, mine means he has to get documents.

3 Likes

Ivanka on her father and grandfatherā€¦

4 Likes

ā€œOur family has no other comment on these matters that happened some 20 years ago, and would appreciate your respecting the privacy of our deceased parents, may God rest their soulsā€

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but whatā€™s the point of protecting someoneā€™s privacy who isnā€™t alive to care?

18 Likes