Discussion: NRA Sues Its Longtime Advertising Firm, Revealing Major Internal Dispute

“You get a subpoena…and YOU get a subpoena…and YOU and YOU and YOU get subpoenas…!”

2 Likes

Believe it’s owned by the French government, not the Vatican.

Yeah, might as well wear a t-shirt that says, “I just moved here”.

2 Likes

I’ve been a student of internet trolls since the days of alt.general.

@irasdad
he has that unique ability to be well, unique

1 Like

…in September 2018, the filing reads, an NRA audit committee reviewed a “purported summary” of North’s contract with AMc.

So, I’m to understand that AMc and Ollie North pulled a Bill Barr by summarizing the contract rather than releasing the full, unredacted contract?

Who knew! We’ve got a video production sub-community in here. We can start having deep-wonk esoteric discussions about the quality of video Josh posts and drive the normals mad with minutiae. I for one am looking forward to it! :smile:

2 Likes

Don’t make that mistake in bed.

A LOT of this (if you read between the lines) sounds like Wayne LaPierre (and his sycophants still in the NRA) is pissed he didn’t get his promised cut of the NRA Grifter-Pie that he was promised.
I’m sure he agreed to step down as President of the NRA on the condition that he gets a certain % of the money they bring in, specifically the promised Russian funds they have been laundering for years, but Ollie North cut him out of ALL the deals the day he became President of the NRA, and the promised Russian Money apparently dried up when their cover was blown by the Media.
Now you have the spectacle of two Grifters fighting over the spoils from the dumb-fucks who give them their hard-earned money, and the Arms Industry that now sees them as “damaged goods” that they need to distance themselves from due to the ongoing investigations into their fund-raising.
Get out the popcorn, as Discovery in this lawsuit will be “veeeery interesting”.

5 Likes

Why not? We already did that to ourselves. We could point out there’s no federal law that you have to use a slider on every shot without exception, stuff like that, and people wouldn’t even know what we were talking about.

The NRA appears to be seeking the information in connection with an
investigation into whether Ackerman and a related company called Mercury
— referred to as AMc in the case — were over billing the gun lobby.

Abundant hyphens except where they were actually needed.

I’m just miffed that I didn’t think of it.

1 Like

I’m sure that somewhere there is a recording of an orchestral arrangement of Jesu joy of man’s desiring, and if you just immerse yourself in the music, you can drive from your mind that it’s really a hymn. In some ways, there is a resemblance here of al gore’s ex-wife rallying society against violent and immoral lyrics that threatened the mental well being of kids.

I’m gonna tinfoil hat this just a little bit.

The ‘probe’ NRA started jives pretty much when we all found out Russians where giving money to the NRA. They are now suing over financial docs being kept private. I’ll bet this is a preemptive attempt to keep the financial dealings (and possible russian money) secrete, or at least separate from the NRA.

The ‘contractors’ that they claim they where over-billed for. Yea I’m wondering if that’s not an internet troll farm that obviously operates on many sites in the name of the NRA? Also there is NO way the NRA didn’t approve of the ‘message’ of NRATV, it’s main board member Ted Nuggent tweeted in support of specific things said on NRATV all the time.

In short I’d guess the NRA is trying to act like they didn’t know about the russian money and are shooting a ‘fall guy’ in the back to do so. They want to claim that it was Ackerman McQueen that took the russian money and ran a russian like propaganda operation that benefited the NRA, but the NRA somehow didn’t know about it or approve of it.

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers???

Of course there’s not a federal law – that’s God’s law!!!

1 Like

I swear two days ago some clients sent me some samples they liked and the first one, if it wasn’t a slider on every shot it was very nearly that. The whole thing was done with this dreamy, hallucinatory drifting back and forth. Everything the youth contingent does is like that and if you’re one I apologize. The camera zooms around like a hummingbird and never comes to rest. It’s exhausting.

1 Like

Maybe he can be AMc’s lawyer too.

Why should only the NRA be entitled to quality representation?

Yeah, right after Puerto Rico.

I loved seeing Entenmann’s on the Sopranos when we were watching that a month ago!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available