Discussion: NRA Removes Video That Called For Arming The Blind

Discussion for article #226104

405 Page. Reality Not Found In the NRA.

7 Likes

Guess the NRA was having trouble with the sight-impaired reading their web page, even though it was in Braille.

5 Likes

Why does the NRA hate blind Americans?

F’ing cowards.

8 Likes

This just in: NRA pulls video made as gag for Christmas party mistakenly posted by employee who didn’t see it as any crazier than the rest of the shit they’ve been posting.

7 Likes

“…someone is on top of you trying to kill or rape you, while their hands are slowly squeezing your neck and they’re yelling ‘I’m going to kill you’?”

What kind of sick person goes around indulging in these sort of paranoid fantasies? (Rhetorical question…)

Seriously, if a lobbyist group is trying to use the threat of rape and strangulation to gain your allegiance, you probably should question their motives.

6 Likes

BTW, a gun sounds perfect for that scenario.

Would they stop arming the stupid too?

2 Likes

There has been a concerted effort over the years by the NRA to re-arm criminals. So yeah. The blind thing was just some overton goalpost pushing, it served it’s purpose. The craziest idea just makes your somewhat less crazy agenda seem saner.

3 Likes

Please take note. Funeral services for The Onion will be held at noon on Friday.

5 Likes

When I saw the original item, I could only flashback to the opening of David Sedaris’ Christmas piece about Six to Eight Black Men…

“What really interests me are the local gun laws. Can I carry a concealed weapon and, if so, under what circumstances? What’s the waiting period for a tommy gun? Could I buy a Glock 17 if I were recently divorced or fired from my job? I’ve learned from experience that its best to lead into this subject as delicately as possible, especially if you and the local citizen are alone and enclosed in a relatively small area. Bide your time, though, and you can walk away with some excellent stories. I’ve learned, for
example, that the blind can legally hunt in both Texas and Michigan. In Texas they must be accompanied by a sighted companion, but I heard that in Michigan they’re allowed to go it alone, which raises the question: How do they find whatever it is they just shot? In addition to that, how do they get it home? Are the Michigan blind allowed to drive as well? I ask about guns not because I want one of my own but because the answers vary so widely from state to state. In a country that’s become increasingly homogeneous, I’m reassured by these last charming touches or regionalism.”

5 Likes

Some guy by the name of Dum Ratso…

This is religious fundamentalism applied to guns.
It produces the same result too. STUPIDITY.

1 Like

And that reminds me of the movie, “If you could see what I hear”, in which at one point the blind guy DOES end up driving the car.

So…has the line changed to “The only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a blind good guy with a gun”?

I think that is going to be a lot harder to sell to even their supporters.

Won’t somebody think of the deaf!

1 Like