Discussion: 'Not Bad': Rosenstein Takes Brief Break From Russia Probe To Argue At SCOTUS

1 Like

[Rosenstein] appeared comfortable answering a steady stream of questions from seven justices over nearly 30 minutes.

But he couldn’t handle the heat from the reporters:

Rosenstein ignored questions from reporters about special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation and how he enjoyed himself inside.

1 Like

“The cufflinks were sent last week by White House counsel Don McGahn.”

“Testing, 1, 2, 3…”

(“They’ll make you the most stylish fellow in the SCIF, Rod!”)

7 Likes

Is Chiselin’ Trump still giving out fake cufflinks?

3 Likes

Can’t wait until he gets his Tricky Trump tattoo on his back a la Roger Stone.

2 Likes

Sources say that Rosenstein received a box filled with dozens of cufflinks and tie pins, leading to speculation he’ll give them away to staffers rather than take the entire haul home.

1 Like

It’s actually kind of nice to see a federal official just doing his job outside the event horizon of our national black hole. A reminder, however brief, of normalcy. Suspect Rosenstein felt the same.

6 Likes

Anyone recall the “Bulgari” gold cufflinks Trump gifted to Roy Cohn? After Cohn died of AIDS, his long time partner tried to sell the cufflinks. They were knockoffs.

5 Likes

I suspect there was a courier waiting when he got home or back to the office to return the cufflinks. :wink:

2 Likes

“General Rosenstein?” Chief Justice John Roberts said

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! He is not a General! I don’t care if it’s been that way since 1066, calling an Attorney General “General” makes absolutely zero sense. He is not in the military. He is a General Attorney, which is why the plural is not Attorney Generals, but Attorneys General.

For Pete’s sake, I’ve had all I can take with this nonsense. If I ever get to the SCT and the AG is in there and any of the Justices call him General, I’m gonna flip out.

7 Likes

Don’t even get me started on people who use i.e. when they mean e.g. and vice versa. (If you read that as “vicey versey” I’mma kill you.)

And definitely don’t get me started on people who say “verse” instead of “versus.”

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t know that Rosenstein, himself was now a suspect. Is he going to have to recuse himself from Mueller’s investigation?

1 Like

I’m waiting for Mueller to give Trump some cufflinks…and ankle links too.

4 Likes

Many years ago, I had the misfortune of working for a defense contractor. I would occasionally have to make presentations to visiting military personnel (another misfortune of mine). In my dry runs, I used to refer to the military guests as General Nuisance, Corporal Punishment, and Private Parts. Perhaps I stole these names from Catch-22.

4 Likes

I really hope Rosenstein is alert to the possibility that those cufflinks are spy gear.

Maybe Trump is desperate enough to try to bug the probe. But his Russian allies have less at risk, and Putin certainly thinks it’s in his interest to derail the US government’s immune system.

3 Likes

There’s an easy test Rosenstein can do. While wearing the cufflinks, he pretends to take a call:

“Oh hey Bob. Yes. Yes. Of course. I’ll get the warrant signed right away. What was the address again? ‘725 5th Ave, New York, New York.’ Got it. Yep. Yep. I’ll have it within the hour. OK. OK. Bye.”

2 Likes

Really?

“Approximately 12–13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 35% of jail inmates, and 37% of prison inmates of the 2.2 million male inmates as of 2014 (U.S. Department of Justice, 2014).”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics_of_incarcerated_African-American_males

That should go well for you.

2 Likes

You’re adorable. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

“Dressed in a traditional morning coat and striped pants,”

Wait…You have to dress for the Supreme Court as if you’re at Royal Ascot?

Is this something I just didn’t know all these years? They have to wear special clothes for the occasion, the way British barristers wear wigs and gowns?

1 Like